Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Wow, I might have to take a closer look at those when they come out.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There is so much electronics on these bikes tuning them for racing will just get harder and harder. I think Suzuki jumped the shark with this bike though.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Should make things interesting around the R&D department over at DynoJet.. let's see them pump out a PowerCommander to handle that ECU

·
Banned
814 Posts
why would a power commander be a big deal on that ECU? it more or less already has a power commander, stock. you just pick one of the maps to apply it to, and do so.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
If it has an O2 sensor on it like it says then the ecu will compensate for aftermarket exhausts if you put the sensor in the new pipe.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
all sounds fantastic but how did it need to go from one but ass ugly can to needing 2 but ass ugly cans?

these bikes are becomng so over the top, your gonna need to have a professional racing license to buy one b/c 99% of the buyers sure as hell can even use 100% of what these bikes offer now!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Everythings more fun when you have WAY too much power!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Does anyone think Suzuki will ever bring a solid color as one of the options..me i am getting tired of the bold new graphics every year..last solid color was 01 and they used the leftover silver paint they were using on the SVS

Two mufflers don't look bad imho....but I am used to the two muffler look having had a TL and Blackbird in the last ten years :thumbsup:

Otherwise this 07 looks like it has all the goodies, really like the dash..I would take two trip odometers and gear indicator over a lap counter/timer any day.:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
RickRoush03 said:
all sounds fantastic but how did it need to go from one but ass ugly can to needing 2 but ass ugly cans?

these bikes are becomng so over the top, your gonna need to have a professional racing license to buy one b/c 99% of the buyers sure as hell can even use 100% of what these bikes offer now!
i could care less.. the only time ill be looking at that exhaust is on the way home from the dealer.. after that it gets a ti akro pipe..

·
Registered
88 Posts
I must be getting old, but sounds like more to go wrong to me..and I wonder how much extra weight the new components and associated components added to the bike.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
yeah those dual pipes wouldn't last long for me...Akro makes some nice pipes for the gixers

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
truebudo said:
I must be getting old, but sounds like more to go wrong to me..and I wonder how much extra weight the new components and associated components added to the bike.
I think it's 17 pounds (report in a different forum)

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
RickRoush03 said:

That should be the question everyone should be asking.
I'm all for two cans, but two of what the 600/750's have. Low and trim, one on each side.

For Suzuki to do this fatty two cans, at this time, is hideous.
Maybe if more outrage was expressed when Kawasaki did the 06 ZX10, exhaust?, but since that didn't happen I guess, the message is, it doesn't matter what we do, if we make it, they will buy it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts