Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a set of 07 calipers and master cylinder off ebay for 40 bucks, totally stoked about it. question is about the spacers, do i need the oem cbr1000 spacers? or is there some other spacers i need? any help will be greatly appreciated:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:bump:..... anyone?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
from what I have read take some calipers to home depo and get 5mm washers.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Try sending gsxr7111000 a pm, I got sum from him pretty reasonable & that look good, hes got a few color choices or types & ships fast

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Try sending gsxr7111000 a pm, I got sum from him pretty reasonable & that look good, hes got a few color choices or types & ships fast
ok ill give him a shout thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh i also gotta ask since i got the master cylinder with them too. is the cbr mc as good as the 07-08 zx6 mc?

·
Banned
69 Posts
I am running the same set up as you.
2007 calipers plus the master
What i found is everything gets very tight, cable brake switch and lines are way to close.
What i did was move change the brake switch to a banjo type and re-root the throttle cables.
Use you O/E bottle

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good advice ill have to remember that. oh and ill order those spacers once i get the calipers and everything in

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
just bought a set of 07 calipers and master cylinder off ebay for 40 bucks, totally stoked about it. question is about the spacers, do i need the oem cbr1000 spacers? or is there some other spacers i need? any help will be greatly appreciated:eek:ccasion1
DAMN good price man!!!! shoulda just got the ZX14 calipers and bolt them straight on. you'll love the upgrade though man!!! home depot or lowes has the needed 5mm spacers in the "specialty" drawers where all the hardware and bolts are.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DAMN good price man!!!! shoulda just got the ZX14 calipers and bolt them straight on. you'll love the upgrade though man!!! home depot or lowes has the needed 5mm spacers in the "specialty" drawers where all the hardware and bolts are.
i wanted the zx14 calipers and the zx6 mc, but it was really expensive. i got lucky finding this deal

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought new Honda spacers from Bike Bandit, and used and angle grinder with a sanding disc to remove the flange from one side. It's easy, if you have a grinder and a vice. If not, you may want to use 5mm washers. McMaster-Carr will have them if Lowe's doesn't.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
i wanted the zx14 calipers and the zx6 mc, but it was really expensive. i got lucky finding this deal
Dude, you got a hell of a deal on yours man!!! $40 for the calipers AND master!!! shit...if i coulda get them for what you paid..i'd be running the cbr's as well!!!!:lol::lol: and you're gonna love it man!!! after riding with the mushy stockers, it will be like you're riding a works bike when you put the new master and calipers on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:bump:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
The web page cannot be found!!!!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
crap. well does anyone know if a 10mm x 1.25 fit the cbr mc? i only ask because the ss lines are gonna be 2 seperate lines and i wanna make sure the banjo bolt/ switch will be long enough to reach through the stacked banjo fittings

·
Registered
11 Posts
My '04 10R is much improved with the addition of Ferodo race pads, Goodrich lines, and Nissin radial MC. Still looking for "bite" and progressive feel for the track-am I understanding that the CBR's Nissin bolts right up on the 04? Just to be absolutely spot on-part number anyone?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its bolts up but there are sum clearance issues

1 - 20 of 22 Posts