Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

How can I test the alt to see if it is putting out the right charge and where do I get the meter for it? I have a manual I will use. I just need any info on this or anything from anyone that has had the same problum.
The book says I need a special metter to get the right readings. Is this true?
Battery tested good all way across the board.

Thanks for all & any help on this.:BangHead:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Don't know if this is your problem or not but when I bought my 10 they put a new battery in it for me and they didn't tighten down the negative cable good so it was shorting out. The battery tested good at the shop but I told them it had to be something pulling it down over night because it would be dead in the mornings. They kept it over night and sure enough the battery had a burned cell. Put me a new one in and no problems since. The short burned the cell. It even showed good when they put a load on it with the tester at the shop...the charging system tested good to, but I had to leave it with them over night so they could see it for themselves.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know if this is your problem or not but when I bought my 10 they put a new battery in it for me and they didn't tighten down the negative cable good so it was shorting out. The battery tested good at the shop but I told them it had to be something pulling it down over night because it would be dead in the mornings. They kept it over night and sure enough the battery had a burned cell. Put me a new one in and no problems since. The short burned the cell. It even showed good when they put a load on it with the tester at the shop...the charging system tested good to, but I had to leave it with them over night so they could see it for themselves.
I will keep that in mind. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts