Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, So i got a 2006 zx10r with about 8k on it. its pretty much new. Every time i try to wheelie or race it in a really high RMP the throttle sticks i mean it snaps back to where it usually sits but the rpm stay around 5 6 thousand. If i lightly push the throttle forward it goes back to 1 2 thousand rpm but once i let go its back at 6. its happened before and it goes away after a few mins any idea what it is? this is freaking me out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You need to clean the carbon deposits from the automatic choke mechanism that is located underneath the filter box on the left side of the throttle assembly, it is common problem. I had the same problem myself. When I started the engine from cold, the revs came up and when it reached normal temp it wouldnt go down again because of this.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
i was going to suggest TPS and Choke mechanism. :)

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
WHat's the TPS? What's the fix? I'm having this same issue..minus the wheelies lol... Revs scream up when I pull the clutch in in first gear, so i can't engine brake
Tps is the throttle position sensor. I'm not sure about 2nd gens but on 1st gens the primary is on the far left side of the throttle bodies. Right between the throttle bodies and the frame. Make sure it's not loose.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tps is the throttle position sensor. I'm not sure about 2nd gens but on 1st gens the primary is on the far left side of the throttle bodies. Right between the throttle bodies and the frame. Make sure it's not loose.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
ok cool... thanks..

·
Registered
8 Posts
You need to clean the carbon deposits from the automatic choke mechanism that is located underneath the filter box on the left side of the throttle assembly, it is common problem. I had the same problem myself. When I started the engine from cold, the revs came up and when it reached normal temp it wouldnt go down again because of this.
Anybody got a pic? I sprayed carb cleaner all over pretty much everything but it's still idling high and stupid lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Anybody got a pic? I sprayed carb cleaner all over pretty much everything but it's still idling high and stupid lol
why would you spray carb cleaner all over a bike that had no carbs? or all over anything that is not a carb?

download the service manual. locate the TPS and clean it properly, not by spraying some crap at whatever is exposed. take care of your bike more and you wont have these problems. every fall, i remove all the plastics, and seat, and tank and clean everything, get the dirt and dust out. its years of non cleaning that allowed these buildups to happen and thats why your having problems.

·
Just trolling
2,618 Posts
why would you spray carb cleaner all over a bike that had no carbs? or all over anything that is not a carb?

download the service manual. locate the TPS and clean it properly, not by spraying some crap at whatever is exposed. take care of your bike more and you wont have these problems. every fall, i remove all the plastics, and seat, and tank and clean everything, get the dirt and dust out. its years of non cleaning that allowed these buildups to happen and thats why your having problems.
:iamwithstupid:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
^^^ Carb cliner similar to brake cleaner if i remember right. JUst good to knowck the crap off. Used it to clean my MAF on my pos cage. But yea i do the same each year 95.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Says "carb and choke cleaner" on the damn can .... Aren't I trying to clean the "choke" mechanism as you guys are calling it? Thanks for talking to me like I'm a 2 year old

·
Registered
8 Posts
After taking the air box off I noticed a "thingy" on the left side where the throttle cables connect to the throttle bodies. There's 2 nuts one acting as a lock nut there. These can adjust where the butterflies return to when you release the throttle. Apparently when I took my bike in for the valve check up the shop left this loose enough to adjust its way out and make my poor ZX10 idle at 3k. Removed secondary butterflies while I was in there and she's all better now. Wasn't annoy "choke" or flux capacitor that I saw. Good day sirs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, So i got a 2006 zx10r with about 8k on it. its pretty much new. Every time i try to wheelie or race it in a really high RMP the throttle sticks i mean it snaps back to where it usually sits but the rpm stay around 5 6 thousand. If i lightly push the throttle forward it goes back to 1 2 thousand rpm but once i let go its back at 6. its happened before and it goes away after a few mins any idea what it is? this is freaking me out.
did u ever figure this out? I'm going crazy i just changed the throttle cable and nothing

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
^^^ Carb cliner similar to brake cleaner if i remember right. JUst good to knowck the crap off. Used it to clean my MAF on my pos cage. But yea i do the same each year 95.

WOW!!! How drunk was i when i posted this ish?! For jeebus sake! SkyD where whur ya on this nonsense of mine?! Im usually long winded and very explanatory.

Reactions: michael4012
1 - 20 of 22 Posts