Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit over 4k miles on the bike. Just brought it into Simeoni Racing in Italy for new tires (Diablo Corsa III), oil change, and a dyno. Other than stock, it's got a K&N air filter and a power commander on it. After translation issues I found out I'm getting 166HP to the crank and 136 HP to the wheel. Anyone have there's dyno'd with roughly the same results? Also, since then when I'm getting on it really hard and I pull in the clutch to come to a stop, the motor dies. First started it when a Fiat pulled in front of me and I had to lock up the rear, but has done it a few times since then. Anyone have any ideas? By the way, the tires are great! Damn near no break in time! It was the same with my 96 zx7r! Thanks!
:dontknow: :eek:ccasion1

·
Rent this space
6,590 Posts
Sounds like the engine is getting too much fuel on closed throttle whilst the engine is running down from high RPM's.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Issue probably linked to the mapping. If idle is adjusted, and throttle cable is functioning correctly. Disconnect your PowerCommander and take her for a ride. On an 06 you can put stock ECU back connected in 6 minutes. I have timed myself.. ha ha. Peace :cool:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I had the same issue with stalling after my bike had some miles, try running it at idle and twisting the throttle closed and see if it idles down or dies, if so adjust the throttle cables.
Also make sure the base (fully warmed up) idle is set to 1025 to 1050, it seems high but its right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
my dyno

I have only put bmc filter,pc3, and akras, was mapped at cresent suzuki uk, as for the stalling try turning ur tick over up a touch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts