Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I am finally getting around to listing this motor - been so busy since I got better I haven't had a chance to list it!

The motor has approximately 8,000 miles on it and is still in my damaged frame. I say approximate mileage because that was about what the bike had on it when I got in the accident in Oct 08' - the speedo is gone so i do not have an exact number. Prior to the accident the engine ran perfectly fine, no out of the ordinary beatings on the engine, I broke it in as close to properly as I possibly could (bought the bike new). The engine still has the amsoil in it from before the accident and all coolant (no cases were broken - just my pride and foot)

I am looking to sell the engine/trans, air box, header, radiator, ecu, all associated wiring for one price as i want it OUT of my garage (its depressing seeing it sit there anyway). I live about 30 minutes northwest of NYC and I am willing to deliver it within a reasonable distance for a small fee to cover gas. I am also willing to ship it if someone wants it and can help me coordinate shipping (never done it before) - for whatever the shipping fee is.

If you are interested PM me or email me ([email protected] - best way, i get it immediately on my blackberry)

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
772 Posts
What's the price? You are too far away from me, but still curious.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see many engines going for well over $1000 that don't include the ecu, wiring, air box, radiator, header so I would have to say it is not too off base as far as price. If someone is interested I am not dead set on that price, I really want it out... anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
how much for the radiator if you still have it?

I put Dodge Durango horns on the 10 this week....worked fine untill she lifted on me tonight and came down a tad harsh....poked a hold in the radiator....

·
Registered
13 Posts
1300 is fair i think...i just paid 1620 (4200 miles) for a complete engine kit shipped about 4 months ago for a customer....and it didnt have tb's, header or ecu. i would have jumped all over this one for sure.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I just bought a 05 motor for 800 bucks locally so no shipping but with throttle bodies and everything like that around that price range is fair for that motor.

just a free bump....

·
Registered
664 Posts
I've bought and sold a few engines and the biggest factor is how desperate the seller or the buyer is. If you have a seller who isn't desperate and a buyer (with money) in desperate need, you could get well over $1000. On the other end, I've bought engines from sellers ready to unload an engine after not selling for many months (and I wasn't a desperate buyer) for $600.

Of course there are other factors, too, such as what is included, mileage/condition, seller's reputation, etc.

Bottom line - The seller should sell it for as much as he can get, and the buyer should pay as little as possible. It's all good. Everybody's happy. ;-)

BTW, I'm keeping an eye out for an spare 06-07 engine, willing to pay about $600 and it does not need a lot of the bolt-on parts (throttle bodies, header, oil cooler, ...)

·
Registered
27 Posts
i've bought and sold a few engines and the biggest factor is how desperate the seller or the buyer is. If you have a seller who isn't desperate and a buyer (with money) in desperate need, you could get well over $1000. On the other end, i've bought engines from sellers ready to unload an engine after not selling for many months (and i wasn't a desperate buyer) for $600.

Of course there are other factors, too, such as what is included, mileage/condition, seller's reputation, etc.

Bottom line - the seller should sell it for as much as he can get, and the buyer should pay as little as possible. It's all good. Everybody's happy. ;-)

btw, i'm keeping an eye out for an spare 06-07 engine, willing to pay about $600 and it does not need a lot of the bolt-on parts (throttle bodies, header, oil cooler, ...)
:+1:

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
Yeah man, any thing less than a $1000 your giving it away. Heck a member on here just went threw this and paid $1100+ for his new setup so $1300 is fair with all the extra's...Man some people are cheap lol....I'm waiting for the craig's list offer of $1 hahaha

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah I have seen them going for all sorts of prices, still looking to get in the low 1000 range. I wouldn't say I am desperate but it would be nice to see it go for that since it seems that's more than fair. Takers? Anyone?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
On another note, thanks to Gotboost for wanting my frame, it motivated me to take everything apart finally... I have some random parts I will be posting when my job isn't completely overtaking my life / I feel the need to buy something for my car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts