Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2006 ZX-10R - Head/Cams - $4500

Gen 2: 2006-07 
2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  evilaugust 
#1 ·
The time has come for me to part ways with my Gen 2 ZX-10. I originally intended to convert it to a track bike but the wife is holding me to a promise to sell it once I bought the Gen 5. I purchased the bike brand new from Romney Cycles in February 2006 and have been the sole owner. The bike is in excellent mechanical condition and holding up well cosmetically. It has been exceptionally well maintained with great care taken to ensure reliability and rideability to match its performance.

Despite the large power increase the bike starts, idles and behaves like OEM. It runs very smoothly with no overheating in traffic. The bike has been extremely reliable and requires nothing beyond normal care and maintenance. It has been entirely trouble free throughout its life with the single exception of a stator failure although the bike still managed to get me home before the battery drained. That said, this bike is being sold AS-IS with no warranties expressed or implied. The bike is located near Balimore, MD. I am willing to deliver it within 50 miles of that location at no extra cost. Any further will require alternative arrangements at the buyer's expense. Please send me a private message if interested.

The Bike:
2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R (Ebony Black) with 77033 miles
Single owner with clean Maryland title in hand
Asking price: $4500 (Cash only) - reasonable offers will be considered

Modifications:
Custom fuel and ignition dyno tune - Produces 182 RWHP SAE peak with excellent midrange power and response
Ti-Force titanium full exhaust system
BMC air filter
Ported cylinder head (Cycle Concepts/Dwayne McKinney)
Web Cams racing camshafts (Custom grind from Cycle Concepts/Dwayne McKinney)
Degreed camshafts
Cometic thin head gasket
Kibblewhite dual valve spring and titanium retainer kit
Dynojet Power Commander III USB
Dynojet Ignition Module
Dynojet Quick Shifter
Guhl flashed ECU (Raised redline and secondary butterfly valves set to open fully and more aggressively)
DID ERV3 520 chain and sprockets
Hybrid ceramic wheel bearings
Upgraded clutch springs (originals available)
Stiffer OEM Ohlins steering damper
Nissin ZX-14 front brake calipers with Vesrah RJL pads
GIPro gear indicator and Timing Retard Eliminator (T.R.E.)
HealTech Speedo Healer
Zero Gravity Corsa clear windscreen
HID low-beam headlight (4000K bulb - Pure White)
Shorai Lithium-Ion battery w/Battery Tender connector in trunk
Kawasaki rear seat cowl (passenger seat included)
Rear swingarm spools
Dunlop Q3 tires in stock size (roughly 50% tread remaining)
All fairing decals removed but available brand new in OEM packaging

Maintenance:
Oil and filter changes every 2500-3000 miles with Motul 300V full synthetic
Spark plugs changed every 7000-8000 miles
Air filter cleaned every 1500-2000 miles
Chain lubricated every 500 miles and cleaned every 1000 miles
Coolant changed every year
Valves checked/adjusted every year

Recent Work/Replacements:
New fuel pump installed at 76810 miles (Replaced as a precaution, original still functions normally)
Fuel injectors professionally cleaned and 2% flow matched at 76810 miles
New brake fluid and coolant
OEM stator replaced around 70000 miles
Fork seals and oil replaced at 65704 miles
Exhaust silencers/mufflers repacked at 62320 miles
Camshaft chain, cam chain tensioner and both cam chain guides replaced around 60000 miles

Damage:
The bike was involved in a minor accident in 2006 with around 3000 miles. The plastic ram air duct in the nose of the bike was cracked and there were abrasions on the front and right side fairings. All damage was repaired by insurance with new OEM parts. In 2010 the bike sustained minor scrapes on the right side fairing after being knocked over while parked. Beyond that, the body has only sustained minor nicks and scrapes from normal use.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.