Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why cant we get Ohlins and nice wheels from the factory???

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/products/modelhome/499/0/home.aspx

YZF-R1 LE - Open Class Race Bike
At Yamaha, there’s more to building a race replica than a few stickers. Introducing the exclusive limited-edition 2006 R1 LE—complete with back torque-limiting slipper clutch, Marchesini wheels, adjustable rear suspension link and Öhlins suspension developed specifically for this model—all that on top of the standard R1’s `06 upgrades. The R1 LE features Yamaha 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black paint with special trim and badging.

• <LI class=featuretext>43mm Öhlins custom-valved fully adjustable inverted fork w/ two-way compression damping adjustment <LI class=featuretext>Öhlins custom-valved fully adjustable rear shock w/hydraulic preload adjuster and two-way compression damping adjustment <LI class=featuretext>Gold Marchesini forged aluminum wheels <LI class=featuretext>Adjustable rear suspension bottom link <LI class=featuretext>Pirelli Diablo Corsa tires <LI class=featuretext>Starter button doubles as lap timer control
  • 50th Anniversary Yellow/Black w/ gold chain, exhaust covers and tank emblems

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Very nice yami but yeah, it's gotta have a Ducati price tag.

Exhaust set up also looks like the new zx only better. And all the new info show a custom ohlins damper on the new zx.

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
be on a waiting list and then you have to break into fort.Knox just pay for it. when the new 10 beats this r1. then you have a bike thats all show and no go.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
I was a Yamaha fan 1st and still a Wayne Rainey fan.
Moved to Honda and Miguel, Mick Doohan et all.

Loving the Kawi, we got Hayden's to root for and history, always liked Rob Muzzy and Scott Russel Mr. Dayona.

All that said I was always a sucker for the Kenny Roberts/bumble bee paint scheme.

Very nice Yami-these things are like computers now. Take it out of the box and something new is on the shelf. Pros and cons to that.

·
Registered
421 Posts
i heard closer to $19-20, and some guy on r1-forum said a dealer told him he had his sold for $22k. For that price no thanks you can build up a stocker for less than that.

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
rdandy5875 said:
i heard closer to $19-20, and some guy on r1-forum said a dealer told him he had his sold for $22k. For that price no thanks you can build up a stocker for less than that.
thats way too much for that bike. i would get an MV a bennelli tornado or something

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
The quote from Road Atlanta is: "Many feel a $20,000 LE Superstock bike circumvents the spirit of the class."

The LE won't offer any advantage in Superbike because anyone with the budget can fit Ohlins forks and light wheels within the rules. But the forks and wheels should offer an advantage for Superstock. There are also rumors that the Yamaha factory will not race Superbike next year. Only Superstock and Supersport.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts