Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last year about this time I had this same problem with my speedo throwing random number on the display... I changed the speed sensor and ecu and it worked until a few weeks ago. Now its so random that its hard even to diagnose the problem, does it sometimes, sometimes not... Really weird... anyone have any ideas...?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
what do u mean a random number? like ur speed keeps bouncing around to all kinds of random numbers?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, it will sometimes throw random numbers or just zero. I'm going to try and unhook the Speedo healer and see what happens..

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Did you recently wash it. My last bike did something similar for a day or two after a wash then went away. Figured it was water in a plug somewhere.

Sent from my Droid with love!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
When I got mine wet it just red zero, but on my buddy's gsxr his speed sensor went bad and started going nuts like that, but theirs is on the front sprocket

·
Registered
65 Posts
My bike did this once because of a dodgy connection to the Speedo Healer. I took it apart, cleaned up the connections, and haven't seen the problem since. Might be worth a shot since you're going to pull your SH anyway.

Good luck!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, did some digging and found some speedo healer connections loose. Fixed them.. Still did it. So I crimped them tighter, now today I'll know for sure if those connectors were the problem... Just don't understand how it would work for awhile then just go haywire?... Oh well
Pretty sure I finally found it tho...

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
Throw the speedohealer out ... that was my solution... works fine now..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts