• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
two things
1. headlights: too small
2. exhaust: WTF?

Sorry had to vote for gixxer. I love the 10r but not 06. But here's something..................i'd pick an 05 10r over all

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
gpz1100 said:
The big one. Absolutely the big one, the others are way too small.
:lol:

Even with that nasty exhaust its still no contest. I would stick with Kawi for '06 if I was buying this year.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Thank god I'm not in the market this year. I picked the 10 but thats only because I ride nothing but Kwak's. Let's see what '08 brings!! Should be addin' another bike to the stable then.......it better not look like that though!!

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Id get the 10 cause I think it will end up on top again...

If I was goin for looks Id think about getting the R1, but I still buy the Kawi cause Im Kawi...and Id hope I could find out a way to remedy that ugly exhaust!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Im not a big fan of the big duals on each side...they either should have stuck with one can on the side or ran it up the middle the 636....but i voted for the kawi. cause no contest you just cant fuck with kawi

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Sorry guys, I'd have to break ranks and go with the R1.

I think Kawasaki is at least a year late with the 2006 esthetics, Suzuki's got a toaster for a muffler, and Honda's just playing it too safe again (why are they still selling that unchanged RC51 for a $1000 more than any other liter bike?).

I was at the Yamaha dealer Friday and the fit and finish on the black 2005 R1 I looked at is the best I've seen of any motorcycle yet.

Having said all this, I still love my 2004 ZX10 and will not be trading out anytime soon.

·
GP Star/Official Spam Spotter
5,756 Posts
i am not about looks, i like my bike to perform. The 10 for me.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
If I was in the market, it would have to be the gixxer. They are a blast on the track and it sounds like Kawi has tried to civilize the 10 rather than increasing its performance.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
r-1 then the 10... hate to say it. btu you aint pickin up no bitches on that thing..... hey idea......... Do the same poll and include a 04 or 05 10! bet you would see some wierd sht! I think our bikes just went up in value!

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
I didn't like the new R1 when it was introduced. Nothing has happened to change my mind on that. That blue '98 R1 sitting out in the garage next to the ZX10 is better looking than the new R1. Hondas claim to have more power and less weight strikes me as being too vague. Makes me think it will have 1 HP more and weigh 3 pounds less. Not enough to get my attention. And the Gixxer still wins my vote as the ugliest of the liter bikes. I have not grown to love the new 10 exhaust but the rest is OK. And I know that since it is related to my 10, it will probably be pretty bad-ass.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If I "had" to buy an 06 I'd be putting a deposit down now on the R1 LE. Not a fan of the regular R1 but Limited Edition is cool if I "HAD" to buy.

Or just get a killer deal on an 05 ZX-10R.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
zenithRR said:
:dontknow: Which hole you were talking about? :bs:
The one in the side. Normally you can see just part of the crank case there on every other bike. But on the Honda your looking at damn near the whole right side of the motor. Kinda odd looking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts