Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tommorow up for sale one day only is a 2006 honda cbr 600rr it has 5,200 miles on it and a under tail after market pipe...both upperside covers are gone and a big crack in the side tail ..missing one mirroir and one blinker ...fires up and sounds clean ..the frt. tire is cupped real bad chain is rusty but still good from sitting ..the bid is up to $2500 as of now but he says you can take it home for $3600 ..it should sell for $2,600 to 3500 bucks ...now the head tag says 10/2007 and they claim its a 2006 -600 whats this thing really worth ???

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
It's probably worth where the bidding goes. I wouldn't pay over $3600 for it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Check the tenth digit of the vin. If it's a 6, it's a 2006 model. If it's a 7, it's a 2007 model. I would be inclined to say a 2007 since I don't see Honda making any 2006 models much past 6/2006.

I'm cheap, so I won't comment on price.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
A wrecked 06 that needs tires and a chain. Not knowing how or if the proper maintenance was done. Not worth much to me.

Shop craigslist and get something decent. Its a buyers market right now, you'll be surprised at what people will take for 05 - 06 model 600's. These year models are now starting to be paid off by most of the original buyers.

·
Banned
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the bike is not wrecked at all.... a very drivable bike .....just has broken pc. on tail all frt. fairings are fine chain is fine just shows some rust from not ridding it or out side for 2 mos. noway was it wrecked ..it is not plated.and only 5,200 miles

·
Registered
641 Posts
It's a deal at $2500 or close to that, but not at anything over $3k. If it's a '07 or '08, then it's an even better deal. That was a great bike that year.

·
Registered
648 Posts
First find out what kind of title it has (clean or salvaged) and what year model ('06 or '07)? Then when u say the tire is cupped, you sure it's just the tire or is there any damage to the wheel? Also sounds like you're gonna be replacing several pieces of body work, the chain, possibly sprockets, mirrors, and i'm sure there will be some other small things here and there you'll find... But i'd say anywhere at worst ('06 salvaged title) no more then $1000 up to ('07 clean title) $3000 at most. Cause you're gonna have to spend a good bit more money it sounds like to get it back to mint condition. And the nice deals that are all over the net for mint clean title bikes, you could possibly come out a lot better looking for something else...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts