Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2006 Ebony Black "PART OUT w/parts/junk TITLE

**REVISED**Up for sale whole/part out is a 2006 Ebony Black ZX10R with 3,381 miles. This is a Junk/Parts Titled bike that looks to be a front hit. This is the fourth ZX10R I've owned. My first was an '04, then an '07, last an '05, and now this '06. I've rebuilt a few, so I know the bikes pretty well. I've been a member of the ZX10R.Net Forum since 2005. Please check my iTrader Feedback. Don't even ask about the front rim or brake rotors. I'm not sure about the forks, but I'd suspect they're tweaked. Radiator took some force and is not holding coolant. It also looks like it contacted the #1 header. One fork tube lost the fender mounting point. This wasn't nearly as bad as my '07 that I sold on the Forum as both steering stops were busted on that bike. This '06 has BOTH steering stops intact! I suspect the bike was hit on the left side rotor and the bike landed on the right side. I replaced the front rim with an old ZX7 rim just to get it off the trailer and the bike tracks pretty straight. Tires(Michelins) are like brand new. Both rearsets are broken, but it does shift into gear. Swing arm has a small dent on the right side consistent with a fall to that side. The tail has a hole and crack, but everything functions as it should(lock/seat latch/signals). Subframe/exhaust look VG. R heat shield is a bit scratched. The cockpit/hand controls are immaculate as is the Ohlins steering damper. Since wiring has been damaged on the left side, it turned over strong, but did NOT start when purchased. I have since spliced broken/bare wires and the bike is now RUNNING. There is a small 4" crack in the frame above the LEFT/1" crack on the RIGHT neck weld. Again, this is consistent with a front hit to the left side, but I'm surprised it doesn't run along the lower weld. I have the fender with scratches on the back side and a perfect RIGHT side cover and the LEFT headlight assembly has a missing tab, but functions correctly. I have detailed PICs and have posted them in a Photobucket. Since I work flexible hours during the summer, I can deliver within 2 hours(Chicago). Email inquiries to([email protected]) and put ZX10 in the subject or it gets DELETED! Feel free to PM me anytime. This would be a perfect Track Bike or Parts bike for any projects you have going on. $2299/OBO as I've taken parts off the bike OR let me know what you want off this bike. (http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m512/kawzxr9/2006 ZX10R/)

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sale of motor pending, but I'd like to sell whole bike.
Who's going to step up to the plate.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Waiting on motor guy, but will give U dibs

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
$150 shipped. PERFECT condition with 3,381 miles showing.
Motor guy had dibs, so I need to wait n see.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sounds good. I have all the hardware, except the lower bracket/lower bracket mounting bolt.
Its some funky star torks. PM sent!

Attachments

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
$150 shipped. PERFECT condition with 3,381 miles showing.
Motor guy had dibs, so I need to wait n see.

Ok keep me posted..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Is the tank dented? If no, how much shipped to 37042

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Suppose to find out tomorrow AM. Motor buyer might want the entire bike.
Shift_Nashville: Yes- tanks has a scrap, but otherwise VG condition.

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks like this will be a PART OUT! A Forum member from TX had dibs on the motor/gauges. There's also dibs on the damper, shock, & lock set. Just waiting for a deposit.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Motor guy wants gauges to match engine.
He's buying bare motor/gauges

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Ready to go!

06BlackPearl- Sorry for the delay, but now I'm ready to go. The TX Forum member dropped off the planet:heyyou: I want buyers, NOT PM/texting pals. Seriously, I have over a dozen contacts with this guy, then nothing. At least have the decency to decline the purchase so I can move on and open it up to other Forum Members. Sorry for the rant....LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.