Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Fill in if ya like

• Total voters
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am racing a 10 this year in the 4 classes we can race in and in 6 CCS race weekends between Road America and Blackhawk Farms Raceway. Our team has really been doing quite a bit over the winter and I am getting excited about the season starting.

Who else is racing liter bikes this year?

I am really curious about who has raced a 10 and what their experiences have been. Please share.

I have owned this 10 for 5 months and have ridden once up and down the block. It is fully raced out and I am scared to rock it on the street for a 'test run'. 1st event is this Wed., the 12th at BFR

Awesome site BTW!

Have yet to get num plates, numbers, graphics and sponsors on bike yet. That is last thing to do actually.
Gratuitous shot of my race bike :redface: :

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
good lookin ride ya got there and yes there are a few members that race 10's so tomorrow some time you'll get more replies.

BTW i've got a red/wht vanson 1 piece FS if interested.

BD

·
Registered
269 Posts
nice bike ... thats a big rear sprocket

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thats a purdy bike!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
06kawigreen said:
nice bike ... thats a big rear sprocket
I plan on stunnin part time :crackup:

It is big, you're right. That is something I am trying to figure out. I ordered a 16 and a 17, 40, 43 and 46 for the rear. The 16/46 combo is on there now. It seems short, but at BFR, that can be good. 1 real straight and lots of linked turns. It will be a feeling out process. I have heard stock gearing is best at RA, which is 17/39 correct? Possibly 1 down in front for RA has worked also with a slight head wind.
The paint was done by Zimbrick Bodyshop hear in Madison. Plastics are Godfather Racing.
BTW, I need a spare set of rims...anyone?

·
Registered
269 Posts
any shots of the exhaust u have on there ?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Looks like the stock exhaust without the pass pegs attached to me :dontknow:

AFMEDIC

06kawigreen said:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
06kawigreen said:
It is a stock can we gutted and shortened. My guy, dragbike1k, is a great, creative talent with the tools. Another teammate, Quattro made a bracket that we have since cleaned up and mounted to the rear peg mounts. It has velocity stacks, BMC filter and is mapped for a muzzy slip on that was on there before I got the bike. The one time I have ridden it, it seemed to rip. Gobs of power. I wanted to put my $$$ into suspension and not exhaust at first.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Tell me how to shorten the stock can please! :mrgreen:

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
I race the 10. Ill be at barber ready to smoke some yankee there in august!

Novice.

the 10s a handful. which tires will you be running?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hillcountry10r said:
I race the 10.

the 10s a handful. which tires will you be running?
The Michelin Power Race Med/Soft 190s and a PR2 front. Pilot Powers were on today for a trackday at BFR and I think I am done messing with street tires for track days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts