Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 ZX-10R. Anyone run the A&R baffles with a gutted cat on the stock headers? Obviously I can get a full system, but that is $$$. I already have the baffles installed and have a PCIII on the way. Please approach this with an open mind, realize I don't have $1400+ to blow on a full system...Thanks!

Give your opinions/feedback!

1. How does it sound?
2. What is your opinion on power vs. aftermarket full system?

·
Registered
591 Posts
I have a 2006 ZX-10R. Anyone run the A&R baffles with a gutted cat on the stock headers? Obviously I can get a full system, but that is $$$. I already have the baffles installed and have a PCIII on the way. Please approach this with an open mind, realize I don't have $1400+ to blow on a full system...Thanks!

Give your opinions/feedback!

1. How does it sound?
2. What is your opinion on power vs. aftermarket full system?
i did the a&r baffles, gutted the cat, and disabled the exhaust valve myself...guess it sounded better than stock, but i was not 100% pleased with the sound. went with an area p slip-on after that and sounded much better. bolts to your headers so it removes the cat.

i guess it is a little late now, but you spent about 300 on and pc111 and another 100 on the baffles...that is 400. you could have got the area p slip on for about 550.00 in stainless, or like me, 600.00 for it in carbon fiber.

looks better, sounds better, and cleans up the undertail...and best of all, you dont need a pc111 with it.

took mine to a pretty conservative dyno last week and pulled 157.6. i new k7 stock pulled 153 and some change stock. he said the fuel mixture was in spec and would take a lot of work with a pc111 to get it any better.

going to sell my area p soon, as much as i like it, i have a muzzy gp full system on the way.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,556 Posts
i did the a&r baffles, gutted the cat, and disabled the exhaust valve myself...guess it sounded better than stock, but i was not 100% pleased with the sound.
:+1: Yeah i went the full system after 2-3 months of having the baffles. until i had the monety to get a full system and boy was it worth it!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Did all of the above and showing 174.39 on a full load dyno. Better than at least 3 others I know with full systems, airboxes, etc. Worth more than the silly money that a system costs here in the UK.

·
Registered
941 Posts
You can find more info using search. There is plenty of info for you on this topic.

Boring cat a pain in the ass
Sounds better
164 on dyno
may pop on decel
friends say it has a unique nice sound
you will inhale and smell a little more like exhaust
save a couple grams of weight
breaking the law is cool
polluting the envirnment is not

1 - 7 of 7 Posts