Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
no top speed limiter if thats what you mean. as for gears 1-5 its supposed to be around 13,000 if im not mistaken, but i have never hooked my bike to a dyno to see where it is really set at either. there is a shift light that i think comes from factor set at i think 12,000 or maybe alittle lower; but i dont remember. I changed mine right after i got it. Now that i think about it it might have been lower because i got tired of it always commin on so soon, but it wasn't to much lower.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
factory rpm limiter

yeah i want someone to tell me the exact rpm that the factory ecu is set at as far as redline. hoping someone has had it on dyno and knows exactly. I set my raptor shift light for 13k, and i hit the revlimiter before it lit up. so i'm thinking it is below 13k. the raptor shift light is set correctly, double checked it and set it for lower and it functions correctly.
thanks,damon

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
charleston

BryanB said:
no top speed limiter if thats what you mean. as for gears 1-5 its supposed to be around 13,000 if im not mistaken, but i have never hooked my bike to a dyno to see where it is really set at either. there is a shift light that i think comes from factor set at i think 12,000 or maybe alittle lower; but i dont remember. I changed mine right after i got it. Now that i think about it it might have been lower because i got tired of it always commin on so soon, but it wasn't to much lower.
you wouldn't happen to know my best friend that lives up in charleston. Alan Conner, he had a 05 gixxer 1000 that was cleaning house on the rollons with all kinds of bikes up there on sundays. till some idiot rearended him several sundays ago.

·
Registered
384 Posts
member Deezhul knows the top gear rev limiter answer (as does "ICEMAN"), and it isn't 13000, it's more like 12500 or 12750 . . . .

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
T3MPO said:
if you have a TRE the ecu wont know to limit because it still thinks its in 5 gear :D
no, the ecu always knows what rpm the engine is spinning, and the rpm rev limiter will always function, no matter if you have a tre on there or not. I'm not talking speed limiter, just rpm limiter. I have a tre and i can still hit the ecu's rpm limiter , did it last night. I just wanted to know what the ecu's rpm limit was so i can set my raptor shift light for drag racing

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I believe it is 12,750, if not it is deam near close to it, I dynoed my bike today with the kawi race exhaust cam in and it bumped the limiter right after it flashed 12,690rpm for a second on the laptop.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
garth285 said:
I believe it is 12,750, if not it is deam near close to it, I dynoed my bike today with the kawi race exhaust cam in and it bumped the limiter right after it flashed 12,690rpm for a second on the laptop.
was told 12700 from factory, so sounds about right. you say you tried the kawi exh race cam? I see you have the intake cam, i have that, but not installed yet. What , if any hp increase with the exhaust cam did you get? Do you think increasing the factory rpm limit would allow you to get some more hp out of it with both cams in ? part number for the exh cam?
thanks

·
Registered
620 Posts
syclone01 said:
you wouldn't happen to know my best friend that lives up in charleston. Alan Conner, he had a 05 gixxer 1000 that was cleaning house on the rollons with all kinds of bikes up there on sundays. till some idiot rearended him several sundays ago.

he was drag racing on sundays or he was street racing on sundays? well either way i havent heard of anybody i know that has got rearended within the last week, but i hope he is ok.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BryanB said:
he was drag racing on sundays or he was street racing on sundays? well either way i havent heard of anybody i know that has got rearended within the last week, but i hope he is ok.
street racing.....they meet at the tree on sundays at the mall. It was about a month ago that the guy hit him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts