Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys some of you might know I bought a 05 Zx10r last month and have been fixing it since. I took off the air intake box and found the previous owner already removed the secondary butterflies. I have been doing some research and found that they are there to reduce engine noise. Main reason people remove them is It gives a better throttle response but you lose some hp,is that true? I just ordered a power commander v for my bike and the only mod I have is full Leo Vince exhaust. When I install and tune power commander is it better to leave the butterflies out or should I install them back? What are pros and cons of removing them? And if I do install them back do I put locktite on the bolts? My next question is there is a nipple on the bottom of my fuel tank, is there any hose that goes to it? (I attached picture) apologize for all the questions thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
434 Posts
Leave them out. I tune everything I build with no butterflies. Your just getting full power sooner than later. Tank vents to ground with rubber hose

Reactions: gaz
1 - 2 of 2 Posts