Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

2005 ZX10R Power commander/Tuning help

Gen 1: 2004-05 
9K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  gaz 
#1 ·
Hey guys I recently bought a 2005 ZX10R and I’m looking for some help. The bike has 2007 Zx10r injectors, the throttles bodies are bored and the cylinder heads are port and polished 1mm. It also has a VooDoo exhaust which is a straight pipe which I heard is bad for the bike so I bought a full carbon fiber exhaust system by Leo Vinci. The bike runs good but has no power commander. My plan was to run a power commander but when I called Dynojet they said they don’t have a map for my setup with upgrades injectors n throttle bodies and post n polish. Question is could I swap out the throttle body and injectors and install stock 2005 Zx10r injectors and throttle bodies and Leo Vinci exhaust and run a power commander? Will the port and polish to the heads make a big difference? Sorry for the confusing post but I’m hoping someone can help me. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You need to find a dyno tuner. The dynojet maps aren't that great and it's gonna be tough to find a map that will work for your pnp head.

Are you sure the bike has the mods the seller claimed? I find it hard to believe that someone would spend the money to have the head ported but then put a garbage pipe on it and not tune it.

#3 · (Edited)
agree with first response. u need to do a little checking. fully ported head, stk cams?, bored tb's?, pos pipe, if there, damn poor choice of components. congrats on buying a good pipe. gen 1 tb's have throttle cables located in middle of tb rack, gen 2 tb's throttle cable on far left side. gen 1 injectors are gray, gen 2 injectors are blue. bored tb's generally lose response/torque on the street. best to just replace if bored with correct set, have stk injectors professionally cleaned/flowed. this along with ur pipe and good tune or map will get u running strong. dyno tune as stated always best, schnitz racing can flash the ecu to remove electronic restrictions and for a fee install fuel mapping from one of his previousley dyno tuned zx10's with ur pipe combo, he lists that pipe
as available in his fueling maps-$200 total-next best option, and no pc needed. gen 1 int factory ported, no tune problems with what i suspect u really have.

#12 ·
It’s because it has a voodoo exhaust and I am putting on a Leo Vince exhaust and the power commander will tune the bike to run perfect. Now that I know I have stock motor I can run a pc. It just sucks the seller lies to me smfh. Also the stock cable linkage on the exhaust when I install my new exhaust can I just get rid of it and unplug it? And does anyone know why this plug is cut to this relay? Thanks

Attachments

#13 ·
Not sure what that plug is, but as far as the exhaust linkage I just cut it out completely on my old gen 1. You can either keep the motor in there to prevent it throwing a code or I found something online where a dude cut the plug and put a resistor in it to simulate it being plugged in.. im not sure exactly what you need since it was many years ago but it should be pretty easy to find with a quick google, only cost me a couple bucks at radioshack to do

#14 ·
just remove cables, leave servo motor plugged up. pc is only going to benefit u if flashed tune in it for ur mods/pipe or used to dyno tune. 14-15 year old bikes need injectors professionally flowed/cleaned, ive learned the benefits of doing this on builds. no fuel map changes are good unless the injector flow is balanced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.