Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2005 Zx10r fuel pump stopped on me while riding. Tried to restart and I noticed the pump wouldn't prime. Pushed it home, started swapping parts from another fine running zx10r to fix it. Started with the pump, then the relay, on/off switch, ECU kickstand & switch, and none were the problem. Finally I took off the pc3 and boom it started up! Thought it was a bad power commander. I it off the stand in the middle of the garage and push it in the corner where I store it, and the next day the fuel pump won't prime again. Any ideas?

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Sounds like a loose connection in the harness if you swapped all those things out already. You just happened to get lucky wiggling enough wires around when removing the PC3. Then it disconnected again. You need to verify you have the proper voltage at the fuel pump connector when it should be on. If not, then you need to trace back all the wiring from each point. There are a couple of joint connectors in the harness that have likely deteriorated over time. The ECU triggers the fuel pump relay to control the pump. That also may be a source in one of those connectors. You have an intermittent power problem.

·
R.I.P. REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
My next thought was to just replace the wiring harness.
That's one way to go. That's a lot of effort though. It might be easier to just trace the wires and fix that problem in the existing harness.

Off the grid

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,610 Posts
I saw a bunch of videos on this. There's a blue connector/junction on the right side harness where the subframe meets the Frame. It's part of the main harness and it's taped up so you cannot see it. Once exposed, you will see the blue junction and I assume you will have wires that look corroded/burned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts