Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, My 05 zx10 with 23k miles boggs in any gear at say 1/2 to full throttle and clears out back to normal some days..

was bogging before the secondaries were removed..

it did it on the dyno once.

any ideas?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
well usually when you do small mods like that the bike doesnt get hurt that bad but it is possible.

Your most likely going to have to get a power commander on the bike. the combination of those mods you have all effect how the motor will respond, once you start messing with those elements your messing with the amount of fuel your bike needs and different RPM's and throttle positions (TP's)

I would highly suggest you invest in a power commander, and if you plan on doing any other mods like exhaust and such do those first before you do a final tune that way your not paying someone twice to tune your bike.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well usually when you do small mods like that the bike doesnt get hurt that bad but it is possible.

Your most likely going to have to get a power commander on the bike. the combination of those mods you have all effect how the motor will respond, once you start messing with those elements your messing with the amount of fuel your bike needs and different RPM's and throttle positions (TP's)

I would highly suggest you invest in a power commander, and if you plan on doing any other mods like exhaust and such do those first before you do a final tune that way your not paying someone twice to tune your bike.
i get free dyno tuning, and like im stating, this bog was happening before real mods, which such i have a slip-on now, pc3, secondaries removed, clean K&N filter.. it was dyno'd the day before i made my stock slip-on a straight flow canister.. so we couldn't check A/F or tune.. it will be tuned this week, which i have a feeling its still going to bog every now and then.. just shooting out there to see if anybody had part failure that caused same issue.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
You ever expierenced a failing fuel pump?
Yup.....failing AND clogged. did the bike happen to set for any length of time before it started doing this? seems to me that it would almost have to be fuel related somehow though..unless it is a plug going out but if that were the case i would think it would bog down at almost any TP?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Cough cough

My 04 has an stumble that comes and goes, usually at part throttle in the higher gears. Some days it's fine, it seems worse when the weather is hot. I'm waiting for it to just go and fuck up permanently to I can :BangHead:fix it.

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
ok, im replacing fuel pump and plugs this week. and yeah it sat for a little bit..
IF the pump and plug replacement doesn't fix it then maybe there's some sludge buildup from it setting? an injector partially blocked or something? my 750 had a similar problem years ago and we ran about a 1/2 gallon of race fuel thru it and that fixed the problem with it? i hate little irritating problems like that though man and best of luck!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts