Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bike is no longer for sale

I want to sell my 2005 Zx-10R or maybe trade for your 2006 or newer yamaha r6.

The bike has 18k miles but it is in perfect condition... by looking at it you would think it only has 18 hundred miles.
It comes with quite a few upgrades that include but are not limited to:
DB windscreen
HID
zx14 MC
Brake lines
PCIII
Leo Vince Full exhaust
seat cowl
520 chain with -1 +2 sprockes
speed healer
and the list goes on.

Im asking $6000 OBO
Bike is located in Dekalb IL

Here some pics, any questions just ask

Attachments

·
Registered
790 Posts
wow! for 18 grand on the odometer the bike looks incredible! good luck with the sale bro. i got one of those already:mrgreen: GEN 1 FTW!

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, i take pride in keepin her the best i can.
I guess i just got it from my dad....

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice bike! Did you ride 18K miles without a steering damper? Good luck with the sale!
Haha I bought the bike it had 8k... but yeah i rode the last 10k without one....

Thanks man

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bummp

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
FYI - sold my 2004 in 2006 for $6,500 (stupid move & stupid low price, but the 06's were supposed to be lots better & that drove down the resale, for a time). I have owned 4 bikes since (trying to do better than that 04) & recently picked up a new 2009 GSXR 1K last August. After thousands upon thousands, I still have not found a bike I like better than the Gen1 ZX10. Sure, there have been a lot of improvements in the last 5-6 years, but IMHO the Gen1 (with some mild modifications) is truly the most fun I have had with a liter bike. It's the last thing I need to do to my wife (trust me I am really foolish), but I will likely pick up a green 04 or 05 ZX10 before it's all said & done :)

My point? Don't sell unless you know for sure. I can attest that the grass is not always greener & that the Gen1s are special bikes fosho.

·
Registered
37 Posts
FYI - sold my 2004 in 2006 for $6,500 (stupid move & stupid low price, but the 06's were supposed to be lots better & that drove down the resale, for a time). I have owned 4 bikes since (trying to do better than that 04) & recently picked up a new 2009 GSXR 1K last August. After thousands upon thousands, I still have not found a bike I like better than the Gen1 ZX10. Sure, there have been a lot of improvements in the last 5-6 years, but IMHO the Gen1 (with some mild modifications) is truly the most fun I have had with a liter bike. It's the last thing I need to do to my wife (trust me I am really foolish), but I will likely pick up a green 04 or 05 ZX10 before it's all said & done :)

My point? Don't sell unless you know for sure. I can attest that the grass is not always greener & that the Gen1s are special bikes fosho.
Wise words...I felt the same way for getting rid of my 03 954RR.

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know man.... i love my 10 a lot!
But i want to do track days this year, and i know as a fact that the 10 is too much... so i want to get something smaller and maybe later on i can buy another 1st gen

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
buuummp

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Want to sell me the leo vince and hanger put the stock back on.
Maybe man, if someone wants the bike without it for a discount and will sell you it...

I will let you know

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Okay interested in the full system,i have the stock can and midpipe send me a pm if you decide to sell it.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

I can agree with every word..... My 05 was the best and most fun bike I've ever owned in 47 years... I miss mine everyday

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is the bike still available?
Im sorry, but i invested some more money on more goodies and decided too keep the bike.

Thanks for the interest tho

1 - 20 of 21 Posts