Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys this is my first time posting but have been reading for about a year ,i have about 8000 miles on my ten and loving everyone of them but i have noticed the disks become sloppy should the 2 piece rotors have slop? the gold part is solid to the rim but the disk itself moves ,my neighbor has an 06 636 and his does not do this and they look like the same breaks. And i recently changed tires to metzlers m1 sport-tec tires and have noticed the bike is harder to push in to the turns at speeds 45 and above im thinking it may have something to do with the ride height of the bike ,maybe , any help would be great help thanks

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
welcome noob :wink:

yes the rotor itself is designed to move laterally ever so slightly due to the 7 semi-floating buttons that attach the disc to carrier so no worries mate. :thumbsup:
as for the increased effort required with the new M1's thats fairly normal partly due to the roundish profile and perhaps just a bit taller sidewall despite it being the same 120/70 not all brands are exactly that so if your inclined to experiment try raising the tubes 3mm which lowers the front and see if it helps.

BD

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Big Daddy said:
welcome noob :wink:

yes the rotor itself is designed to move laterally ever so slightly due to the 6 semi-floating buttons that attach the disc to carrier so no worries mate. :thumbsup:
as for the increased effort required with the new M1's thats fairly normal partly due to the roundish profile and perhaps just a bit taller sidewall despite it being the same 120/70 not all brands are exactly that so if your inclined to experiment try raising the tubes 3mm which lowers the front and see if it helps.

BD
+1 Couldnt have been said it better unless i said it myself

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much i can stop sweating now about the brakes . and i will try dropping the front ,i tried cranking the rear ride height but it feels a little un planted so i will move it back and drop the front. THANKS

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And one more thing how do i get rid of the smiley dude flipping the finger ,not a good way to make friends when your just posting on a board for the 1st time.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
phatrat said:
And one more thing how do i get rid of the smiley dude flipping the finger ,not a good way to make friends when your just posting on a board for the 1st time.
well its only one of many icons available to us when replying and depending on whats written along with it can sometimes lead to ones misinterpretation or not.

BD

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Big Daddy said:
well its only one of many icons available to us when replying and depending on whats written along with it can sometimes lead to ones misinterpretation or not.

BD
i could have said it better than that but i wont....:dontknow: :headshake

1 - 10 of 10 Posts