Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to the zx10r scene by the way loving the bike i recently purchased a 2004 zx10r its got 45000 km on it which means nothing to me because the previous owner had meticoulsy looked after it now its got a fair bit of work done to it power commader for fuel also theres an ignition one there aswell?? Why??? Please help also how can i tell if its had gearing done. All my other 1000s would pick the front wheel up nicely with a little slip of the clutch in second but this thing just cooks the back wheel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
A couple of times i thought i was getting wheelspin when trying to pick up the front wheel. turned out to be the clutch letting go.

Std Sprockets are 17 teeth in the front and 39 in the rear

·
Registered
317 Posts
How is the rear tire? Is it overly worn or old and hard as a rock? Those two things could definitely lead to wheel spin.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
While not disputing that the frame of any gen 1 is worthy of inspection for cracks ...

... I have my doubts that even if a crack were present, that it would cause the symptom described.

Tire type, pressure, condition, and age.

That you are speaking metric, suggests that you are possibly in Canada. What's the weather like? Little chilly, perhaps? Roads covered in fine sand left over from the winter? Where I am (just west of Toronto), we have not had rain to wash salt residue off yet. Hardly optimum conditions for grip.

What's the ride height like? Any evidence that the bike may have been lowered?

·
Registered
276 Posts
No, sorry the frame cracks was off the topic comment and completely unrelated. I was just curious. A friend with an 04 has close to 50k on his. After I purchased mine and became aware of my cracks I asked him to come over so I look at his bike. Low and behold... He was mad that he came over because for countless miles he has ridden like nothing was wrong.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
No, sorry the frame cracks was off the topic comment and completely unrelated. I was just curious. A friend with an 04 has close to 50k on his. After I purchased mine and became aware of my cracks I asked him to come over so I look at his bike. Low and behold... He was mad that he came over because for countless miles he has ridden like nothing was wrong.
LOL, You rained on his parade damn it.
He was like FUCK, I come over to show you my bike and you find shit wrong with it. LOL

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Hey guys im new to the zx10r scene by the way loving the bike i recently purchased a 2004 zx10r its got 45000 km on it which means nothing to me because the previous owner had meticoulsy looked after it now its got a fair bit of work done to it power commader for fuel also theres an ignition one there aswell?? Why??? Please help also how can i tell if its had gearing done. All my other 1000s would pick the front wheel up nicely with a little slip of the clutch in second but this thing just cooks the back wheel.
Something is wrong the 1st Gen is the most Power Wheelie bike ever made in fact don't even try to race with it in first Gear unless you like to see the Sky on 1 Wheel. :badteeth: I suspect when you get it sorted out you will know what I am talking about ....If you want to know sooner come to California where it is dry 85 deg just yesterday. :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Definately not the clutch slipping. And definately no cracks in the frame.
Tyre pressure ill check out or maybe even replace the tyre cheers guys and by the way i live in australia its the end of summer so average temperature atm is around 21°c
Thanks heaps

1 - 13 of 13 Posts