Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
If this is inquiry is not allowed, I apologize. I made effort to read the forum rules, sorry if I missed something.
I have potential for my first ZX10R in the next week or so, but need some guidance on pricing.

There is a bone stock 04' I found for sale with 4k miles. What would you pay? FL based.

Thanks
Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Alloy wheel

· Registered
2005 ZX-10R
265 Posts
Rare color - if it's in mint shape should go for about $7500. '05 is generally preferred to '04. Let me know if you don't buy it I may be interested, but would prefer green

Beware of bikes this old with ultra low mileage - gas tank tends to have some rust which then means the fuel pump filter can be shot

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rare color - if it's in mint shape should go for about $7500. '05 is generally preferred to '04. Let me know if you don't buy it I may be interested, but would prefer green

Beware of bikes this old with ultra low mileage - gas tank tends to have some rust which then means the fuel pump filter can be shot
Hey, thanks for the timely reply. Owner claims it is mint and rides it regularly. He said the previous owner would run it, but clearly didn't put much mileage on it. Price seems right and for me it's too tough to pass on. I love the 2000 era bikes. Had a 07' ZX6R many years ago. I will be looking in the gas tank during inspection.

· Chairman of the Board
16,183 Posts
I have a brand new solo hump in Pearl Blazing Orange that replaces that rear seat if you end up buying it and are interested. Its literally still in the OEM package. Im also in Fl.

· Registered
6 Posts
It's a nice bike (though I don't care for that color for a Kawi), but I wouldn't go higher than $6k if it was well-maintained. The '04 10R was a BEAST when it was released...I took one for a test drive in Germany and while entering the Autobahn at the entrance I cracked the throttle and it instantly stood up! It's a great bike, but finding parts for it will be difficult. I have an '07 10R that I love riding, but hard to get basic parts because of the year...
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
2005 ZX-10R
265 Posts
^ That's what I'm looking for - tastefully modded '05 in green

Some of the fairing pieces are gone, you can't find them (new) anywhere. I'm still looking for the upper right hand piece for my '05 titanium

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks like I'll be getting the orange one.
What parts tend to be hard to find for these? I'm looking at just getting a steering damper, exhaust, tail-kit and eventually doing the suspension.

· Registered
2005 ZX-10R
265 Posts
Hard to find a linear steering damper for Gen 1s, plenty of rotary dampers out there but I've never been a big fan

I would also consider the front brake caliper upgrade (and braided lines) a "must do" item because the stockers are terrible - plenty of threads out there on which ones to get

Good aftermarket slip on can and you should be ready to rock. The LEGENDARY Gen 1 ZX-10R

1 - 20 of 49 Posts