Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I jut bought a 2004 zx10 and I’m having a problem with it. I can start it and it will sit there and idle no problems. Then when I go to rev it up and just wants to cut out on and off. So I turned it off. Took the fuel pump out and found that was real dirty so cleaned it all up and the tank put back together and put some sea foam in it and took it for a drive. And it still doing the same thing. If you go to crack on it it just like you shut the thing off. And then eas the throttle off and it till cut in and out. Barry can get to 90 Kms. Anyone else. Ever have this problem.? Things to check ?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey guys. I jut bought a 2004 zx10 and I’m having a problem with it. I can start it and it will sit there and idle no problems. Then when I go to rev it up and just wants to cut out on and off. So I turned it off. Took the fuel pump out and found that was real dirty so cleaned it all up and the tank put back together and put some sea foam in it and took it for a drive. And it still doing the same thing. If you go to crack on it it just like you shut the thing off. And then eas the throttle off and it till cut in and out. Barry can get to 90 Kms. Anyone else. Ever have this problem.? Things to check ?

Pain in the ass but check your spark plugs, they tell a story.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
391 Posts
replace fuel pump- ebay direct replacement will work. make sure with pump out u can blow thru plastic fuel filter cannister fuel pump fits back into.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Fuel pump overworked it self pumping from the dirty strainer, it's prob dead. You can test it out of the bike to see what kinda flow it has.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts