Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****SOLD*****2004 ZX-10R w/1900 miles (South Carolina)

Selling my time capsule '04 zx-10. Folks, this is as close as you'll get to a new bike. I bought it from the original owner, who had barely put over 1,000 miles on it because he owned several bikes, his own business, and basically just didn't have time to ride. He was a very meticulous guy, just like me. Always garaged, broken in by the book, and has had fuel stabilizer and sea foam in the gas since new. And as far as I know, it has never even seen rain.

I am well aware of the book value and what I am asking is much more, but this bike will be going to a niche buyer looking to buy an iconic motorcycle that is no longer being made. Kinda like when I paid $4,000 for a low mileage, 1996 CBR600 Smoking Joe's in similar condition a few years ago. I had always wanted one and they were getting harder and harder to find, so I felt a price premium was justified. Maybe you wished that you had bought one in '04. This is your chance to have it. Bone stock and unmolested. Bike is untouched except for the dealer recall back when new and they replaced the front wheel. Even has the original tires, which are in good shape.

Asking $6,900 firm. I am about 1.5 hours north of Atlanta.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oil and filter changes, chain/cable lubing, etc and brake fluid flushes. As far as I know the coolant has not been changed though.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What was done to the bike maintenance wise for the past 8 years?
Oh and I cleaned out the fuel pump screen as a precaution due to its age and low mileage, which actually looked pretty good thanks to the Sta-bil that was kept in the gas.

And just so you know how obsessive compulsive I really am, I went out and bought an inch lb torque wrench just so I could tighten those fuel pump bolts to the 86 in-lbs spec :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Act now and I will throw in two brand new OEM sprockets still in the package (that will upgrade you to -1/+1 gearing). I have a 16t z1000 sprocket and a 40t 2006 zx10 sprocket that I ordered from Honda East Toledo, but have yet to install.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Take some good pics and put that toolbox on Craigslist man!

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Well I guess you don't have to worry about the generator now...GLWS

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I quit worrying about the generator when I saw several with early build '04's that had over 30K miles. That new 14 is just calling my name. :cool:

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
I quit worrying about the generator when I saw several with early build '04's that had over 30K miles. That new 14 is just calling my name. :cool:
It is still a worry IMHO, mine was a couple K shy of 30k when it failed Prod # shy of 8K. A friend of mine had his fail at 10k. There was a member here whose production # was earlier than yours and it failed.

Sorry to get slightly off topic, but free bump for ya. I hope the 14 satisfies your hunger.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Hmmm...

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bike is now listed on Ebay.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts