Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #22
Installed the new rubber gaskets and triple checked everything. I put a thin coat of Yamabond 4 around it too. 馃

Registered
Discussion Starter #23
Race fairings should be here tomorrow.

I took the Hawk BSB subframe to my fab guy to make mounting brackets for the SBK tail. He also re-welded the back portion to make it look nicer.

It should be back from powdercoating this week. I ordered Ti bolts to hold the subframe on. All that stuff gets covered up by the tail, but it will look cool naked in the garage between track days. :)

Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
Michael, you selling your sidestand per chance ?... if so let me know.. if for some reason its longer than mine I'll have it off you.

Stu

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
I鈥檒l send you a pic with measurements tonight to see if it works for you.

Anything else you need?

Registered
Gen 1 Spark Black and HP4 Competition.
Please do, I'll measure mine tomorrow and compare. I'll have a look at your list.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Man, I鈥檓 really happy with this piece. Can鈥檛 wait to mount it:

Registered
Discussion Starter #31
No reason, that鈥檚 how the subframe came. He actually made a bracket to replicate the one that was missing.

Registered
Discussion Starter #33
I think I fixed the small oil leak from the valve cover too. Wasn鈥檛 too hard of a job at all.

Kawasaki Whisperer
Very nice build you are doing. I'm itching to find another decent gen 1 to tinker with.

Registered
I noticed you removed your rubber air deflector. Was it broken? It's an important part of the cooling system. Is your lower V fairing open, exposing the header to airflow?

Registered
Discussion Starter #36
Is that the rubber flap that goes over the motor?

Yes, the lower front portion is exposed.

Registered
Is that the rubber flap that goes over the motor?

Yes, the lower front portion is exposed.
you should be OK. It serves two purposes, help dampen noise and vibration and prevent air from going up and over the motor after exiting the radiator.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts