Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got my suspisions but the is basically the rundown and I need some other opinions. I got on my bike for the first time today in about a week. Cranked up and ran fine rode for bout an hour got off and it wouldn't crank back up. Pulled the rear cowl and the power commander isn't kicking on. Listen closely and the fuel pump isn't coming on either. Looks like there's power coming out of the plug to the fuel pump. What is the most logical explanation here? Relay, power commander or bad fuel pump?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct the power commander isn't turning on and what I can tell is on a first gen the power commander draws its power from the fuel pump so if the relay doesn't turn on the pump the power commander won't kick on either. It did this once before and after a few minutes it cranked right back up. No such luck this time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It could be . I have traced all grounds and everything readily visible with the tank off and it all looks correct.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Do you happen to have the 9 volt adapter to try? That will tell you if the PCIII is screwed or you have a power issue somewhere else.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sceric, did you ever find out what the problem was? I just hooked up my power commander for the first time and same deal.... no fuel pump and the power commander isnt turning on either. The bike worked perfectly 20 mins ago when before i installed it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
On the 04-05 it is very easy to plug the connectors in the wrong place...I say check your installation

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on my bike what had ended up happening was in the relay box under the seat one of the relays had managed to back its way out of its plug just enough to where it wasnt making a connection. it happened to be the relay for the fuel pump which is what was throwing me off on the power commander thing.

·
Registered
700 Posts
It sounds like the bike not the PC. because the pump is not running. The PC should not kill the Pump circuit. Check the relays and all connections. Make sure no harnesses got pinched and cut a wire. That really all i got.

I would checked the harness that comes from the right switch housing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts