Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT MY AD, spoke to the guy on the phone about it though. It would be a smoking deal for someone, he said he got it in a trade and is trying to get his money back. Act fast!!!

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/mcy/1974407208.html

Jason 210 275 1924 call or text

P.S. I called this guy and offered to do it for him, he's not familiar with this forum at all. I know him as much as you can from a two minute phone call, just don't want to hear of anyone getting screwed by an auction company and getting $2800 for a bike that's worth $5k.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
doesnt know how many miles LOL, glws for the dude =
Yea, that's some of the only concern though. Not defending him or anything, but if you think about it, people who change sprocket sizes and never get a Speedohealer will list the wrong mileage in their For Sale ad as well. At least this guy is saying he doesn't know the mileage...

·
Registered
418 Posts
He took it on a trade for a car and hasn't has it long he says. Good mechanically and cosmetically but kinda shady about the speedo. He's pretty firm on 3500. Damn good deal if the engine isn't knocking.

·
Registered
451 Posts
yea i mean it looks like a nice bike, but at least with different sprocket sizes you can estimate pretty easily what the actual mileage is with a simple math equation.

it'd be my luck to go look at it & find multiple scratches & dings u cant see in the pics lol

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Something shady about this. The same bike has been posted 4 times on SA Craigslist and one of them he says he put a new motor in it. He did not mention that on the phone though. Also on the phone he said the speedometer didn't work when he got it, so he bought a new one and it didn't work either. Yet in another ad he says it didn't have a speedometer at all when he got it.

ETA - Speedohealer and/or sprocket change is NOT why he says he doesnt know mileage. The speedometer doesnt read innacurately, it doesn't read AT ALL.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Something shady about this. The same bike has been posted 4 times on SA Craigslist and one of them he says he put a new motor in it. He did not mention that on the phone though. Also on the phone he said the speedometer didn't work when he got it, so he bought a new one and it didn't work either. Yet in another ad he says it didn't have a speedometer at all when he got it.

ETA - Speedohealer and/or sprocket change is NOT why he says he doesnt know mileage. The speedometer doesnt read innacurately, it doesn't read AT ALL.
eff that, maybe its in storage & he needs you to send money western union too :D

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
OK, so I just got back from seeing it...

It had leaking forks... speedometer did work, but showed 54k miles on it. It also had the LEDs replaced inside the speedometer blue. I really don't think the guy was very honest at all and I think the speedo was never changed like he said. Just the feeling I get... oh well. It also handled terribly bad, worst I have ever driven. Probably because of the forks and super flat rear tire but not sure. It was VERY bad though. The bike was very dirty but looked like it would clean up very nice and ran fine.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
Well, I wasn't looking at it for me. A freind asked me to go look at it with him to look at. Then I figured I would let people know what I found here since it was posted up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts