Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i havent been on the forums for awhile where i had kind of gotten out of riding so i postponed selling my baby for the longest time.

2004 zx10r, im the second owner, it has 7xxx miles, front stainless steel break lines, hotbodies solo cowl and undertail, carbon fiber front fender, euro turn signals, powder coated black foot pegs, the gearing on it has been changed to -1 on the front.. but it comes with a new stock front sprocket as well. a new pilot rear with 98% tread left, and come with a spare power race front...

now to the negatives, the wind screen has a small dime size crack in it due to vibrations, small scuff on the mirror from it scraping the side of the garage when it was pulled in, its been sitting awhile so it needs a new battery and it also needs a slip on.. from a mistake of me trying to shorten a can.. but ill be trying to get those for it within the next month or take the difference off the price of the bike if someone wants it as is.. looking for 6500 but its negotiable depending on what ive fixed on the bike..
easier to get up with me at my email.. [email protected]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
appreciate it.. hopefully the low mileage and how i babied will get it sold.. i had a zx6r while i had this so i usually just rode the 6r cuz i was in such love with the 10

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you might wanna check around man cuz i got em done for around 60.. with ur down time and shipping and everything might be worth your while to just have em locally powdercoated..

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thats what i was hoping i just had been completely off the forums and stuff and had no clue what a good price for these would be.
i already had been talking to someone about their slip on but if that doesnt happen. what do you have and how much?

·
Registered
265 Posts
in early march i bought an 06 w/ 2.1k miles onnit for 6k flat. had already yosh slip ons and had some weak custom paint(actually i get a few compliments on it but not my style) i assumed the guy had crashed it at some point and just called it good for the price. its warmer out.. the best way to test your waters is check craigslist. not just in your area, all the surrounding areas.
6k for the first gen with the impossible front forks... 5.5 would be a good deal. 6 is prolly fair but prolly wont fly away. having said that, i wouldnt buy it for more than 5 but im a cheapo.
how i got my info: been looking at craigslist for zx10's every day or so since late last year, and even after i bought my bike just to really make sure i got a good deal. bluebook isnt an accurate representation of what people expect to pay.
good luck with your sale. if i wasnt in a hurry to sell id stick with 6.5 and see what happened or go with 6firm. no bites you could use the 6.2method and let them negotiate you down to 5.8 or 5.9. everyone gets a good deal at that price.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for the replies and bumps.. ive been on craigslist and around here there has been alot of like 04 r1s and stuff on there for 6.5

im saying 5800 now.. i just need rid of the thing. if someone will give me that for it ill throw in a size 46 agv suit with just the tiniest bit of rash from when i laid my old 600 over on an endo.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I thought you were trading this for a 4 wheeler?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
You're price will reflect your area. For instance, I sold my 04 in 07 for $6,500 (low miles, showroom condition with 2k worth of tasteful bolt on mods)... but then again it was summer & dealers were beginning to make big concessions on the 06s.

From what I've seen, the 04 market is pretty strong. I would guess folks are still happy with the reputation & style. I think there's more love it or hate it with the later models of the 10.

All the best!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought you were trading this for a 4 wheeler?
the guy decided he didnt want any toys at all anymore so im going to hopefully sell the zx10r and buy his fourwheeler straight out.. it sucks haha

and thanks for the luck and bump.. if i could afford it right now id def keep it and i have a feeling later on in life ill buy a 1st gen zx10r again

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I'll trade you a steering damper and a lil cash for the bike! Interested?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts