Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you all think the 04-05 ZX-10's are holding against the newer likes of the r1,cbr,gsxr ect ..

I think personally pretty dam well seems like the new bike all gained so much weight because of emission laws Hp wise I think the 04-05 still hold its own pretty well anyone agree?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
In a word?

Yes.

I am very satisfied with my 1st Gen. It is light and nimble...and when I hit the juice it's warp speed 9 cap'in!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
I rode with two '04-05's and it's still a bike to be reckoned with. That's why I gave my cuzo a thumbs up to buy a '05! I told him he'll be straight with that for a while, and he loves it!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have absolutely no trouble riding with the pack of newer liter bikes I ride with every weekend on my 04. We have a road we call "speed road" where we top out whenever we're on that particular loop, and I usually hit 170 or so w/ -1 front/stock rear sprockets. I tend to get there quicker than the others.

·
Registered
57 Posts
road with an 08 R1 last night

Road with an 08 R1 last night on my 05 and had no problems hangin with em.

Mine is stock with a slip on.

His had the power commander, full graves exhaust, filter, etc., and dynoed at 166hp.

Of course we never topped em out.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I think the 04-05 can more than hold its own agaisnt the newer stuff. I can tell you first hand that it will keep up with a 2008 ZX10. Thats why my 04 will be staying in the garage and the 08 is currently up for sale.

Reactions: hesaves0211

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
for all out top end, it still runs or outruns most new bikes...

i think the only bike ive ever been outrun by in a straight line is a busa.

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
I think the 04-05 can more than hold its own agaisnt the newer stuff. I can tell you first hand that it will keep up with a 2008 ZX10. Thats why my 04 will be staying in the garage and the 08 is currently up for sale.
around here, the only thing that started walking me was a car:eyecrazy:

hey Alien, with what you just stated, i would like to hear your opinion in this thread http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=77440

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a full exhaust and power commander on mine, went head to head with and a buddie's stock 08 R1,
roll on on 4th gear starting at 60mph... we were side by side till about 100 mph then my bike started to walk away.
I was happy that I went toe to toe but was amazed that I went ahead. :lol:
None of my other buddies want to do a roll on with me now :sad:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The first gen 10Rs will be in the history books just like the old triple kawi 750s are. It's still the bench mark to beat. Even Kawasaki went away from it's explosive power in 06/07 and went back to it in 08.. It's not for beginners and takes a big brain bucket to use it's power delivery without getting whipped. My 05 has still never been beat by any other 1K. Although it's not 100% stock it still sports stock pistons... That's saying alot..

·
Registered
101 Posts
As stated before an 09 zx14 brocks full sytem kicked my ass!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
The first gen 10Rs will be in the history books just like the old triple kawi 750s are. It's still the bench mark to beat. Even Kawasaki went away from it's explosive power in 06/07 and went back to it in 08.. It's not for beginners and takes a big brain bucket to use it's power delivery without getting whipped. My 05 has still never been beat by any other 1K. Although it's not 100% stock it still sports stock pistons... That's saying alot..

:+1:

The 04/05 is a modern classic can still rock and roll with the best of them, 08 10 included. It's usually easier to add hp than it is to shed weight and the first gen is the lighest of the bunch. It's also a gnarly SOB:mrgreen:

I regret selling my Ti 05 and anybody that has a first gen or is thinking about purchasing one should have no second thoughts.

Over on this board one of the guy's makes a good case for the first gen:
http://kawasakiworld.com/zx-12r/38653-12r-vs-zx10.html

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
It's still holding it's value ($$) pretty well. That should say a lot.

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
I wouldn't take any other bike over my 05. I did a 40mph 2nd gear roll on with an 08 busa a couple weeks ago. both of us have a pc, full exhaust, tre, filter. he was +1 in the back, and i'm +2. i weigh about 150 suited he was prob 170 or so. right off the bat he jumped me like 2 bikes. but by the top of 3rd i caught him. New busa's ain't no slouch. but you can't beat power to weight.

·
Registered
198 Posts
the first gen 10 changed the whole liter-bike game w/ its awesomeness :badteeth:. if it wasn't for that bike, none of the liter-bikes would be as good as they are now :mrgreen: i have yet to see another bike up the antee like that. :kneel:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts