Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,I was reading my service manual and found out that my 2004 has only 128.4kw(175)@11700 rpm and the torque is 115 N-m(11.7 kgf-m 49 ft-lb @9500 rpm.That's all?.I belive that 128.4 are the rwhp and 175 are crankshaft hp.Right?.Thanks

·
Registered
463 Posts
not enough for ya? would it matter to you if the manual said 390 hp? It's what you can do with the bike that counts.

Dont get wrapped up in the numbers. the 04 is smokin fast and can still hold its own. I used to race an 05 it would hang with most other bikes. Suspension/handling is its pit fall - this is the part you should be discouraged about.

·
MIA Post Whore
8,727 Posts
ahhhhhh....the joys of another thread with both "why doesn't my bike make XXXHP?" and then the jerk off "it's not the size of the ship......." reply.

...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :popcorn:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hi,I was reading my service manual and found out that my 2004 has only 128.4kw(175)@11700 rpm and the torque is 115 N-m(11.7 kgf-m 49 ft-lb @9500 rpm.That's all?.I belive that 128.4 are the rwhp and 175 are crankshaft hp.Right?.Thanks
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the 128.4kw is the metric unit of measure for horsepower - as is the 11.7kgf.

Hey, my '05 'only' makes 1.21 gigewatts (had it dyno'd by Dr. Emmett Brown). :crackup::crackup::crackup:

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
ahhhhhh....the joys of another thread with both "why doesn't my bike make XXXHP?" and then the jerk off "it's not the size of the ship......." reply.

...makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. :popcorn:
thats thats just funny:lol::lol:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take it easy people.The bike has more power then I can handle.I was only wondering about those numbers...that's all.I read that some people get 150-160 hp on the wheel.Magazine reports etc.:cool:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Take it easy people.The bike has more power then I can handle.I was only wondering about those numbers...that's all.I read that some people get 150-160 hp on the wheel.Magazine reports etc.:cool:
Did you read what I wrote earlier? ^^^^^^^ Make sure you're reading the correct unit of measure.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you make a small adjustment to the Flux Capacitor you can boost your power to 1000 jigawatts.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Your torque is low....it should be about 85 pound feet at the crank...not 49. Crank horsepower is 175+9 from the ram-air.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The 04-05 10 has one of the best powerbands on a bike I have seen stock....light as hell too, maybe the lightest literbike i ever rode....my friend has one....great bike.....

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
:iamwithst

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think the 128.4kw is the metric unit of measure for horsepower - as is the 11.7kgf.

Hey, my '05 'only' makes 1.21 gigewatts (had it dyno'd by Dr. Emmett Brown). :crackup::crackup::crackup:
fuckin hilarious, never going to hear the end of BTTF on this board!!!:eyecrazy::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
361 Posts
you should also check and see if there is something wrong with your medula oblongata, that can affect the overall horsepower as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts