Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2004/05 ZX-10R Engine parts **REDUCED!**

update 12/8/09: PARTING OUT THE MOTOR! Let me know what parts you need!

I have a complete engine out of an 04 zx10r with a total of about 23,000 miles on it. Was rebuilt about 5,000 miles ago by Eddie Sisneros with OTD Cyclesports and Sisneros Speed Works, winners of the 09 Supermoto Pikes Peak Hill Climb. We used wiseco high comp pistons, kawi race intake cam, new valve seals and Kawi race valve springs on both intake and exhaust, 05 stator and complete 05 transmission. I also have a full wire harness, ECU and gauge cluster (showing 24,000+/- miles) but do not have the throttle bodies, they went back in the bike before I sold it. I have a full cometic gasket kit and a Factory Kawasaki head gasket as well. I believe it spun a main bearing on the crankshaft, it did this once before as well and got a new spec crank, correct main bearings and all, rode it for about 2k miles and it started acting like it wanted to seize up. This is kind of a feeler on selling the motor complete as is or parting it out and selling it peice by peice. I'd ask for $700 with everything complete but if enough people want the parts out of it, especially the performance parts, I might be willing to part it out. Message me on here or at [email protected] if you have any questions or want/are in need of any certain parts out of it.

Cylinder Head - Sold
Intake Cam - Sold
Transmission - Sold
Starter Cover - Sold

All are Shipped - OBO!!!!
Wiseco Pistons w/ connecting rods - $350 - now $275!!
Generator (A stamp) - $200 - Now $150!!
Starter - $50 - Only $25!
Full Clutch - $150 - Only $75!
Engine Cases - make offer

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
If you have a "C" mark generator, i will buy it. Is the kawasaki gasket the thin one 0.45?
Also intersted in the pistons if they are undamaged. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll have to check on the generator/stator to see what mark it is agian. It is the factory thickness head gasket though, according to wiseco you can't use a thin gasket with the high compression pistions. Last time I pulled the head off the pistons looked perfect, can't magine it would be any different

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Cool man thanks, i'm assuming stock size pistons.

How to quick check the marking on the generator.
Remove the clutch cover and check for a marking on the big clutch basket gear at the back (maybe you need a flashlight). What marking is your crankcase?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem, and yeah, they're stock diamater pistons and I'll try to get into the motor tomorrow and let you know what mark it is

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry about the delay on the Gen, the high temp yesterday was about 14 and today was 8 and I get home about 4 hours after the sun goes down... damn apartment garages with no electricty.

I'll probably get the motor inside over the next week and start tearing it down to part out though so if you need parts, hit me up!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I need the left side cover for the starter. There are two covers one is a smaller one and the larger one is below it I really need that lower cover and the rubber damper that goes over it. Please let me know if you part it out because that cover I need badly and quickly my bike is my only transportation right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I need the left side cover for the starter. There are two covers one is a smaller one and the larger one is below it I really need that lower cover and the rubber damper that goes over it. Please let me know if you part it out because that cover I need badly and quickly my bike is my only transportation right now. Thanks!
Are you looking for the "large starter cover," number 14091 on this diag?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Its really easy to pull off you pull off the top cover then the lower one, and the damper and the cover come off. I need both if you have them for sale. I would need them quick if you could I would really really appreciate it. Let me know what you think for price.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah, I know... the hardeset part is getting the double o-ring setup on the starter itself out of the cover, I've had that one off just a couple of times and just replaced the large cover within the last year due to a loose man-hole cover. I can do both covers shipped with gaskets for 160.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just need the one bigger cover not both. I already have the new gasket I just need the rubber piece that goes over it and the cover itself. So how much for just the one cover?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cover is sold, just pulled it off the motor and will ship it out later today. Pm sent about the race cam and race intake springs

1 - 20 of 40 Posts