Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe some of you more experienced mechanics can help..

I have a '01 Raptor 660 that I just did the clutch on... I've never done one on a quad before, so I'm not sure if this is normal. I had trouble getting the pull rod to engage with the arm that connects the clutch cable to the case, so I took the screw out, pulled the arm out and finally got it to engage. My problem is that the clutch cable is at near max adjustment and its SO stiff=. It also seems to stay slightly engaged with the lever pulled in. I can put it in neutral and push it like it was nothing, i put it in gear, pull the clutch in and roll it, but it takes much more pushing to get it moving. Its easy to tell that its not completely disengaged. I cant start it b/c I still have the carbs, air box, and sub frame apart. Can I attribute the stiffness to the new springs? Am I missing something? Any suggestions appreciated..

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have an 04 Raptor, and while I have not yet replaced the clutch, I do know that my clutch stays partially engaged when pulled in. And when starting in gear, it lurches just a bit sometimes. I know this probably doesn't help, but if you go to ATVconnection.com and go to the Yamaha forum. Those guys know their stuff.

-Brandon

·
Registered
474 Posts
http://www.rochestermotorsports.com/fiche_section_detail.asp pull up the clutch page on this unit

You more than likely have the push rod(15) installed wrong.Take the cable off at the pivot arm on the engine.Rotate it till you feel the push rod has made contact with the pressure plate(toward the cable).Take the bolt out that holds the clutch arm from coming out.Pull the rod out rotate it back(away from cable)about a inch then drop it back in.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bigtuna660 said:
I have an 04 Raptor, and while I have not yet replaced the clutch, I do know that my clutch stays partially engaged when pulled in. And when starting in gear, it lurches just a bit sometimes. I know this probably doesn't help, but if you go to ATVconnection.com and go to the Yamaha forum. Those guys know their stuff.

-Brandon
You might a worn clutch basket.The fingers in the basket get notched from the friction plates.There by not allowing them to release when you pull in the clutch lever.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts