Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My buddy with his RC 51 (sweet bike! Sounds excellent with the dual 2 brothers slip ons) & I were playing around on the local newly paved parkway. We did a bunch of roll ons & I was just flying past him as if he had a 600 instead of a 1000, it was sooooo much fun.

Now if you have seen my older posts about pussing out before hitting redline on my bike, you know I go fast till around 125-130mph then I back off. Today was more of the same for me.

Anyway, we would start around 65-70 or so. I kept letting him start, so he got the jump on me & I would just go flying past him, it was a blast!

I spoke to him afterwards & he said that I wasnt flying past him, I was heading about 4 bike lengths & then he would start catching up (i was soooo far ahead there was no way for me to tell). I think its more along the line that by 130 I was a number of bike lengths ahead & "won" the roll on & started to back off.

Hysterical. I think he was really pissed. He still thinks his bike is faster [smilie=f:

Anyway, thats my story :)

Anyone know what the HP / Tourque specs are on the 2000 RC51?

·
Registered
23 Posts
RichTJ99 said:
Hey all,

My buddy with his RC 51 (sweet bike! Sounds excellent with the dual 2 brothers slip ons) & I were playing around on the local newly paved parkway. We did a bunch of roll ons & I was just flying past him as if he had a 600 instead of a 1000, it was sooooo much fun.

Now if you have seen my older posts about pussing out before hitting redline on my bike, you know I go fast till around 125-130mph then I back off. Today was more of the same for me.

Anyway, we would start around 65-70 or so. I kept letting him start, so he got the jump on me & I would just go flying past him, it was a blast!

I spoke to him afterwards & he said that I wasnt flying past him, I was heading about 4 bike lengths & then he would start catching up (i was soooo far ahead there was no way for me to tell). I think its more along the line that by 130 I was a number of bike lengths ahead & "won" the roll on & started to back off.

Hysterical. I think he was really pissed. He still thinks his bike is faster [smilie=f:

Anyway, thats my story :)

Anyone know what the HP / Tourque specs are on the 2000 RC51?[/quote]

Lets put it this way its alot less powerful then urs and I bet no where near the handling of urs. Only the factory racer RC51 was a monster of a machine. But we average people can't spend the HRC $$$ they ask for the upgrades on the RC51 to make it a Factory Racer spec bike.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, he is looking at this in a general "we both have 1000 cc bikes so they are both equally fast". He kinda has a bike & rides it & thats about it. No research or anything like that. Me telling him my bike has 20 HP more than his doesnt mean much.

If I could get the specs on it though, that would be nice.

Either way, from my perspective the 10R is wayyyyy faster than the RC51.

When I had a ZX-6R, I was much slower than him. His bike was WAYYYY faster than mine, plus all that tourqe was amazing to me. Now, I took it for a spin after a few months on the 10 & I cant figure out what was so impressive to me about his bike :)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Use to have a SP1/RC51 but never had it dynoed, so can only go by what others have done, around 118-120(stock) at the rear, but torque almost the same as a 1lt inline 4.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had a similar experience with a SuperHawk. I used to be impressed with it when I had a VFR750, now I can't figure out what was so impressive to me.

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
Times they change, but in this case as in most things with technology for the better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts