Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this is a ridiculous topic, as maybe it can't be done, or maybe it's been done to death... but I'm a Ninja noob as I should be picking my new 10 up in a couple of hours.

Just wondering has anyone managed to have it break the 200 mph mark and how? I mean what's the simplest way anyone has managed it?

·
Registered
113 Posts
No.

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Yeah I did 200.2mph on motor on my zx10r but I had significant weight reduction and a built motor. I'm going to see how fast my stock motor can go though here pretty soon!!!

I was making 180hp on motor with 90!!! FT lbs and 220 on nitrous but never did a top end run with the nitrous. thats on pump gas, race gas put me at 186 and 227on spray

·
Banned
257 Posts
My buddy has a busa punched out to 1500cc set up for the standing mile.
He weighs around 200 and he has just broken 208.mph
If he was a smaller guy he could tuck in better.
His weight is also slowing him.
Its possible that if he had a longer run than 1 mile he night be able to do beta, I dunno.
So on I 10 it would prolly require a power adder like turbo or nitrous

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
stock gearing on a 04-05 is 186mph
I think some on the 06's have gone 188mph since they have a different tire set up.

·
Registered
512 Posts
With a gear change 200+ isn't possible? Is it because of the torque, or lack of? Not that I wanna go that fast, just curious.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
It will happen if you want it to bad enough. It is going to take some money and time though. Check out garth's threads.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Has anyone just changed stock gearing/rear tire profile and done top speed runs? I wonder what she would do with just the gearing change but otherwise stock?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
from GPS

just to give any n00bs a heads up about their speedo reading anything over 190mph its not possible all ZX-10r guages stop reading after 189mph

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Has anyone just changed stock gearing/rear tire profile and done top speed runs? I wonder what she would do with just the gearing change but otherwise stock?
if you switch from running a 190/50 to a 180/55 its supposed to give you a 2mph faster top speed and if you switch from a 190/50 to a 190/55 its supposed to give you a 4mph increase in top speed. I run a 180/55 tire on my bike because its the lightest and least expensive pilot power 1's :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts