2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this tire. ??
Any diference from the stock size??

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,982 Posts
I'd rather go with a 190/60, but the 200/55 will be close to that. Aside from the heavier weight, it should be an improvement in edge grip depending on the brand.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ran this pirelli slick sc1 in this size and loved it. This bike doesnt mind minor rear ride height increases. It helps a little to make the bike turn in quicker for me. It also puts down meat on the sidewall for side grip.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The DOT tires that I use for supersport races are Pirellis and they come in 200/55. Compared to the 190/55 Metzeler racetecs that I used before the Supercorsas, the Pirelli tires have a little more grip but I think that has more to do with the compound selection than the width of the tire. The 200/60 slick that I use now works a lot better than any DOT race tire I've used.

The 200/55 fits without issue if that's what you're concerned about, so does the 200/60. As far as I know, only Michelin makes a 190/55 race tire these days and I'm pretty sure that they specify a 5.5" rim for that size.

If you're asking about a street tire, I wouldn't bother. The 200/55 seems to cost a lot more than a 190, and I don't think there would be much of a performance advantage that could be observed while street riding.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Funny that as the 200/55 here in EU is cheaper than the 190/55 for the Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa. At least from Germany which is where Finland gets most of their tyres from I believe. Only a few Euros but still.

Mounted a set up on the new Gen 4 10R and really enjoy. Corner Exits on gas is fun with the tyre staying put. ))

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I didn't notice much of a difference running a 200/55 Michelin Power Cup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts