Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i made the 300 mile trek up to syracuse from jersey last friday on the zx-10r. i was previously running dunlop continentals or whatever pos's the previous owner had on. i figured i had enough tread to last me through aug, i was wrong. after taking a friend for a ride her 110lb petite figure took its toll on my rear and i had some threads exposed. so trying to be a smart rider i took the beast to the nearest kawi stealership. i requested pilot powers 190/50 they mumbled 200/50 but i corrected them. for $350 guess what they put on: 200/50. apparently what he had mumbled is that thats all they had in stock. have you guys ever ran 200/50?

it doesnt feel bad but def noticable over the 190. its still in its break in period so i cant tell the total dif for sure. i damn near spun the bike out from under me just pulling out of the parking lot. :headshake

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone, am i a pioneer? i suppose its better for the straights

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Ive ran 200/50 on other bikes and its not bad at all. Need to break in new tires for few miles before you can hit the throt.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no dude thats just rear! fuckin guy had me by the balls. at least i got a power on the back. def needs to break but cant i take a fine file to it?

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
no dude thats just rear! fuckin guy had me by the balls. at least i got a power on the back. def needs to break but cant i take a fine file to it?

Wow man thats a rip off you should have shopped around. For that price you can get a pair.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats what i imagine. it doesnt fall into turns as well as the 190, thats just commonsense. it does look meaner w its wider profile. ill post pics later. now i just gotta replace my front dunce-lop w the PP

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
200/50 tire? whats your opinion

perhaps you read this thread:
http://zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42680

but whats your opinion on the 200 profile pilot power for the strip. i vaguely heard of anyone using that profile and it has me concerned.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
yea the "stealership" is what it is and my options were limited to them. im not riding back 300 miles to jersey w that tire, esp if it rains as forecasted. yea, the total was $330 that included parts, labor, balance and tax. i wanted to take the wheel off myself but i didnt have the proper equipment her to do it :(

·
Ex Postwhore
4,688 Posts
I payed under 200 dollars for a corsa with inststallation too bad you were so far from home and you had no other options.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
stop it STOP IT ok i got ripped f*ck i wanna go back in time and kick my loud mouth in the ass for even considering paying them. whats wrong w me, i never take an ass rape like that! someone say something to make me laugh, arr!

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
yes, her name was amanda, and no i didnt have a camera cuz my phones batt was to low to take pics :(

what really pisses me off w this tire thing was i had put some of my bday cash my fam gave me to it. that money was suppose to go to either a custom fast-by-ferracci map, a growler or a cheaper diablo tire

·
Registered
22 Posts
the important question is do you like the tire?

also did they tell you ahead that they were going to put on a 200/50 or you found out yourself afterwards? if they didn't then go back there and tell them to take it off (and put on another tire, bring your own) and give your money back minus the labor...

·
Registered
957 Posts
i have a 200 50 almost new in the gararage i might use post some pics so i can see what its gona look like.:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts