Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Herro!

I currently run 120/70F and 190/55R Michelin Power Ones. Most of my riding is aggressive street and trackdays. I've got a trackday on 7/7, followed by a 2,500 mile round trip to Laguna for MotoGP. Obviously I'm not going to burn off a ridiculously expensive set of Power Ones for a road trip, so I bought a suuuper cheap set of tires from another forum member. The tires I bought are Dunlop Sportmax Qualifiers. 120/70F and 200/50R.

I've ridden on Crapifiers before, and know how they grip. Since this is more of a sport-tour, I'm not concerned about max lean grip. I plan on using these through the winter and then going back to Power Ones or possibly BT003s.

What I AM concerned about is the handling. For those of you who have run a 190/55 and a 200/50, what are the effective differences in handling, ie tip in, transitions, stability at lean.

Thanks in advance, and yes I searched. Assholes. :thefinger

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
I kno ethat the lower profile 50 requires less turn in input but i've never ran a 200 on any of my bikes, i'm sure after a couple spirited trips out you'll get the hang of them and have no issues....give em hell....OH and did you say you already searched or no?:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
if your not racing/lap times get them on and enjoy :eek:ccasion1

then you tell us what YOU think lol

they wont be as sharp as the 55 but as you said if your running them as a winter hack ,use them .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts