Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a factory defect of supersprox rear sprocket so they sent me a new one for free and after inspecting it I noticed that the teeth were not evenly cut on each side is this going to affect anything should I worry about this??

Also i'm going to replace the front sprocket since I'm putting a new chain and a rear sprocket, what is the best way to get this washer unbent. I don't want to do any unnecessary hitting slamming banging to disturb the drive shaft in a negative way

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Use a steel chisel to get the flattening started and then just use a punch to flatten it out. We change the drive sprocket frequently and always bend over 2 flats not just one. Don't over think this you are not going to hurt it. Be sure to use a torque wrench to put the nut back on.
What I have seen is someone twist off the threads using an impact wrench to put it back on.
I use an impact wrench to take the nut off.

David

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supersprox said the angled cut on my teeth is within spec so it's fine but what do you guys think of the nonsymmetrical angled cut of the teeth do you think it will cause any problems?? All good??

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
For unbending, I used a mix of pliers and screwdrivers to leverage the washer. Worked just fine, I didnt do much banging on it, if any.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts