Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im not the tallest person so im on my toes at stoplights ..i ordered lowering links for the rear suspension ..i only need to lower an inch at the most ..is this a good idea or should i just deal with it ??? where can i find a cheap scotts steering dampner ?? cheapist i found about $390..... '04 zx10

·
Registered
539 Posts
i have lowering links on mine....my settings are stock, one and a half inch, and three inch...i am using the one and a half inch drop...i dont necessarily need it but it works great

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
zxkid'04 said:
im not the tallest person so im on my toes at stoplights ..i ordered lowering links for the rear suspension ..i only need to lower an inch at the most ..is this a good idea or should i just deal with it ??? where can i find a cheap scotts steering dampner ?? cheapist i found about $390..... '04 zx10
theres a few guys here that have lowered their bikes with links on the rear and raised the tubes up through the triple clamps. As for damper cost check with the site sponsor section.

BD

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Personally I think it's a good Idea to be able to flat foot your bike. Being on your toes is never a good idea.

·
Banned
1,505 Posts
ram360 said:
Personally I think it's a good Idea to be able to flat foot your bike. Being on your toes is never a good idea.
you should only need one foot down on stops anyway so there's no need to lower and screw up the handling :dontknow:

·
Registered
6,354 Posts

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
:beer: :beer: I'm 6'4" so just pockin some fun your way.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
oneradten said:
you should only need one foot down on stops anyway so there's no need to lower and screw up the handling :dontknow:

I'm not saying on stops but I find having both feet on the ground is always easier when maneauvering the bike in a tight spot in the garage or when you need to utalize reverse.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
yeah reverse is a beeyotch when you have to get off and push but oh well, I just don't feel like fuggin with the stock suspension with my lack of knowledge I haven't even touched it and I'm 5'6" tip toeing it

·
Registered
539 Posts
like i said i have used lowering links on mine ...i dropped it an inch and a half in the back and i love it ...it didnt mess up the handling one bit.....

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
oneradten said:
:+1: The last time I could flat-foot a bike was my XR75!

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
kuziken10r said:
like i said i have used lowering links on mine ...i dropped it an inch and a half in the back and i love it ...it didnt mess up the handling one bit.....
Yes it did - you lost cornering clearance.:hello:

·
Registered
269 Posts
ram360 said:
I'm not saying on stops but I find having both feet on the ground is always easier when maneauvering the bike in a tight spot in the garage or when you need to utalize reverse.
its just safer and might prevent a dumb drop of the bike

·
Registered
539 Posts
lavudyar said:
Yes it did - you lost cornering clearance.:hello:

ok..maybe i lost a half inch of "cornering clearance"..i ride my bike on the street ..not on the track...so in my case of lowering the bike an inch and a half in the bones didnt hurt at all...like said above it is a big safety hazard not to ave both feet firmly on the ground...:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
72 Posts
I haven't been able to touch the floor with both feet on my last few bikes, but the 10 is ok because its so light, my old 7R used to be a bitch!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts