Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Normally a twisties rider, but there was an open night at the drag strip so thought I would give it a shot. Here is a pic (watermarked, sorry)

Ricky Gadson's career is safe, no chance of me stealing his sponsors! Still had fun, though. It definitely highlighted the need to drop a tooth in the front at a minimum, at least for me,

·
Registered
83 Posts
nice pic!

i am also a twisties and road guy, but have been debating wether or not i want to give the track a shot! all the more reason right here,thanks

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Embarassing time, but I did an 11.391 at 131.31 mph. Even completely stock, I should have been in the 10's. Still, it was fun to try it out and I can try to convince myself that it was my first time and nerves and lack of knowing what I was doing came into play. I did nail the reaction time though at .008

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Embarassing time, but I did an 11.391 at 131.31 mph. Even completely stock, I should have been in the 10's. Still, it was fun to try it out and I can try to convince myself that it was my first time and nerves and lack of knowing what I was doing came into play. I did nail the reaction time though at .008
its good practice for road racing starts. now you can see how slow you were and learn to ride the bike better on the launch to get to turn 1 quicker. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
it will get better just more seat time dropinng i tooth on the front will help for sure

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
hey vince im sure we have past each other at mirock or atco got to meet up one of these days

1 - 10 of 10 Posts