Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I brought my 06 10 out this weekend I never even rode the bike on the street it had 735 miles on it when I bought it. I geared it-1front +2 rear(guessing), exhaust gutted,lowered,straped, foot shifting,stk arm 12lbs up front. Made 5 passes best 9:[email protected]:sad:
Definetly had too much gear wheelied through 2nd each pass, the harder I left the worse it was. Gonna go back stk rear and give it a try this weekend.
Bikes pulls very hard,
My best on 05 gsxr 100 pipe geared,lowered,U4 pc3r, degreed stk cams was a 9:33
On my 05 cbr 1000rr same set-up except cams degreeded 9:46
Never really got the gearing right on it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ninjafreek said:
Well I brought my 06 10 out this weekend I never even rode the bike on the street it had 735 miles on it when I bought it. I geared it-1front +2 rear(guessing), exhaust gutted,lowered,straped, foot shifting,stk arm 12lbs up front. Made 5 passes best 9:[email protected]:sad:
Definetly had too much gear wheelied through 2nd each pass, the harder I left the worse it was. Gonna go back stk rear and give it a try this weekend.
Bikes pulls very hard,
My best on 05 gsxr 100 pipe geared,lowered,U4 pc3r, degreed stk cams was a 9:33
On my 05 cbr 1000rr same set-up except cams degreeded 9:46
Never really got the gearing right on it.

so you did all those great times on stock wheelbases on the other bikes or where you hoping a 10 in stock form with that massive gearing could compete?....also don't get the 12lbs things in the front.:dontknow:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest I feel that the bike will go high 40's like it is with U4.
The 12lbs is weight added, I may need to add more and try same gear, it just takes seat time to figure it all out.
Yes all bikes were stk arms,U4 and they were mapped. I think the 10 will do high 40's stk a/filter,no pc prepped as I stated.
Of course I could be wrong:lol: It's always fun trying, I love stk wheelbase 1000's. I have a 400rwhp Turbo Busa also,but I love the short bikes.:thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
ninjafreek said:
To be honest I feel that the bike will go high 40's like it is with U4.
The 12lbs is weight added, I may need to add more and try same gear, it just takes seat time to figure it all out.
Yes all bikes were stk arms,U4 and they were mapped. I think the 10 will do high 40's stk a/filter,no pc prepped as I stated.
Of course I could be wrong:lol: It's always fun trying, I love stk wheelbase 1000's. I have a 400rwhp Turbo Busa also,but I love the short bikes.:thumbsup:
yeah, stock wheelbase can be fun but also scary if not done right. :badteeth:...keep us posted :thumbsup:

·
MIA Ex-Mod
3,051 Posts
Front tire should be up in the 40psi for less drag. I mean how much does air weigh? The rear tire on the other hand should be low for traction.

Not bad times at all. You got the tickets to post so we can see the times? 60ft and 330 and such.

Tread

Edit: U4 is race gas.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Tread70 said:
Front tire should be up in the 40psi for less drag. I mean how much does air weigh? The rear tire on the other hand should be low for traction.

Not bad times at all. You got the tickets to post so we can see the times? 60ft and 330 and such.

Tread

Edit: U4 is race gas.
He added Ballast(weight) to the front of the bike to help keep front end from coming up!

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
teebo7 said:
:+1: pickin up 30 gallons tomorrow actually. Man does that stuff smell good. Words for the wise. Dont fill up a water bottle full of it and throw it in your campfire.:eyecrazy: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Actually I prefer the Mr9 but the U4 is easier to get around here.
For ballast rember this was my first time out. I have some 2in cold steel round bar, like 6 pieces hose clamped to the header.I'm gonna build a weight box for it, but first I want to see If I'm gonna stay with the stock exhaust.
Believe my 15lbs that low makes a big difference,then when you put another 15 it's even better. But the whole package has to work with the gearing and all.
My friend weighs in at 140 suited He has 35lbs up front, This past sat He ran a 8:97:eyecrazy: stk arm. Of course he consistanly has 1:46-1:53 60 fts.
No his motor isn't stk. and he has the quickshifter set-up It's and 04 model.

·
Banned
248 Posts
that u4 is oxygenated fuel,,,, i think it is like 94 octane but i hear it could add up to 7hp... but you have to drain it all out of your tank, or use all of it, because it will gum up and ruin seals. here it is $85 for 5 gals

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Nice times.:thumbsup: With more weight I think that gearing would be good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
had buddy that his brother left u4 in tank for 2 months. totally rust job.. killed fuel pump and tank had to be cleaned many many times..and i bet it still has rust in it. i know guys have left it week and some a month...but i wouldnt advise it very long. drain it and add some regular pump fuel.

·
Banned
248 Posts
yeah,,,,u4 that is or mr9... i had a friend with an r1 run 114 octane and it fouled his plugs out... that high of octane isnt recommended in these bikes... of course with mr9 or u4, it will run better tuned ( with any fuel that is )

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went back out to the track today. same set-up except -1front +1 rear
1:64 60ft
4;21 330
6;27 1/8 @120mph
9;[email protected] a little better then clutch got grabby gonna pull it out and go to the 04 set-up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts