Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a long winter and a nice spring that I didn't have my bike I finally got it to the strip. It was a first for alot of things that I have done over the winter. 1st time on the strip with the 1/5thg throttle. 1st time with thin head gasket and degreed cams. 1st time with low friction wheel bearings.

BTW I didn't care about times. This was about me getting seat time.

Anyway the bike did awesome. I did good too. 1st pass was a solo run and I got out of the hole pretty good. 2nd pass was against another stock height 10. He left WAY early. I caught him and had him covered by at least 3 bikes on top. 3rd pass was against my friend with the 180 rwhp all motor, extended swingarm 05 g1k. He was having traction and rpm problems. I beat him at least 5 times. He never once beat me, this time. Last pass was against a hippobusa. The only way he would race me is if he got the go. I gave him the go and a bike. I caught him and passed him, but it was the closest race for me all night. Little to say, I'm VERY impressed with the bike. I can't wait to get my new exhaust tomorrow and get it tuned on tuesday.

·
Banned
814 Posts
what were your trap speeds?

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know trap speeds or times. I didn't really care because my bike isn't the way I'm going to be running it. When I get my arata on, then I will start looking for times and speed.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
da pumkin layin the smack down eah? :thumbsup:

BD

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yeah! Did you go to the track day yesterday BD?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Right on 1killer, times would have been nice though. Sounds like it was a great time though. Congrats

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Dragone said:
Right on 1killer, times would have been nice though. Sounds like it was a great time though. Congrats
:+1:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
So, when you going to bring that beast down to Sacramento? I need some comp...j/m but you think it can spank my bike now?..:dontknow:

Oh, and congrats on getting it back together...nothing like a good strong and working 10...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats what I was doin on saturday.

BlueD, My funds are a little low at the moment because of unforseen events (see 'had to buy exhaust'). I will be down there a few times this year. Its still early. You're in that big of a hurry to get your ASS HANDED TO YOU? My bike was launching like a rocket. Fast and straight. I will give you the go and 2 bikes to make it even.

The track I went to didn't have the timers setup or they weren't working. I only went to get a feel for the bike. I'm really interested in how it feels after the exhaust.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since I don't have times or speeds I have a compromise for you all. A couple of friends got a couple passes on video. I will post them up as soon as they are available to me. How does that sound?

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
1killer1liter said:
BlueD, My funds are a little low at the moment because of unforseen events (see 'had to buy exhaust'). I will be down there a few times this year. Its still early. You're in that big of a hurry to get your ASS HANDED TO YOU? My bike was launching like a rocket. Fast and straight. I will give you the go and 2 bikes to make it even.

The track I went to didn't have the timers setup or they weren't working. I only went to get a feel for the bike. I'm really interested in how it feels after the exhaust.
come on bud..you know my track don't play that way as I don't...heads up and when it hits yella...it's play time.:wink:

but should be fun anyhow...get your arse down here but don't call me when it's 100deg or so outside and say I'm ready to race. :headshake:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
time to see some numbers.. looks like a monster off the line

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
That was sweet 1killer. Up to 3rd gear when I could not see you then hear you shift into 4th. Sounded good.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks. It feels strong and I'm more confident in my launches now. Less thinking about it and more feeling it. I can't watch the vid because everytime I do I watch it like 3 or 4 times. I've watched that vid probably 50 times today.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts