Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GETTING READY TO PULL THE HEAD ON MY '08...LOOKING FOR ANY TIPS, SHORT CUTS, AND OH BY THE WAYS...NOT MENTIONED IN THE SERVICE MANUAL...THANKS IN ADCANCE.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
dont forget the bolts under the cam gears. I've seen first timers ruin a head trying to pry up on it and forgot those little basturd bolts. lol

best advice:
1.take your time and organize all bolts and hardware.
2. dont get in a hurry.
3. take your time.

have a xanax ready. lol
and have fun. sometimes I miss workin at the dealer, just dont miss the bad rep that crappy dealerships give the rest of the crappy dealerships. guess I just miss working on the bikes without having to tear mine down. enjoy dude.

·
Registered
215 Posts
dont forget the bolts under the cam gears. I've seen first timers ruin a head trying to pry up on it and forgot those little basturd bolts. lol

best advice:
1.take your time and organize all bolts and hardware.
2. dont get in a hurry.
3. take your time.

have a xanax ready. lol
and have fun. sometimes I miss workin at the dealer, just dont miss the bad rep that crappy dealerships give the rest of the crappy dealerships. guess I just miss working on the bikes without having to tear mine down. enjoy dude.
agreed!! also follow your service manual. Some tips i also picked on the way is when you bring the motor to TDC zip tie the cam gears to the chain when you remove them makes re-install and timing a hell of alot easier. Also when the head is off take a ruler (straight edge) and feeler gauge to check for warpage just good to always check. I also like to throw a little assembly lube on the cam channels and lobes during reassembly to prevent any dry start damage.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
agreed!! also follow your service manual. Some tips i also picked on the way is when you bring the motor to TDC zip tie the cam gears to the chain when you remove them makes re-install and timing a hell of alot easier. Also when the head is off take a ruler (straight edge) and feeler gauge to check for warpage just good to always check. I also like to throw a little assembly lube on the cam channels and lobes during reassembly to prevent any dry start damage.
thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts