Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to US41 in morocco today. started off the first run was a 10.6 and ended the day with a 9.97. i figured i would be alot faster than that for the mods my bike has. Just need more seat time i believe. i dont know if my -2 in the front is killing me on the top end side of it..my buddy on his bone stock r1 was pulling on me

also i did not spray my bike this time.

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
What do you and your buddy weigh? Bone stock R1 shouldn't pull on you unless it's up top maybe...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
What do you and your buddy weigh? Bone stock R1 shouldn't pull on you unless it's up top maybe...
A 10R should never be pulled on the top end and when your dealing in the 1/4 mile that is not a major concern :headshake: ....seems we are missing some details :shady:

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
A 10R should never be pulled on the top end and when your dealing in the 1/4 mile that is not a major concern :headshake: ....seems we are missing some details :shady:
Exactly, I was thinking maybe because of the gearing but no way in hell in the 1/4 mile...with you're gearing/stretch he should never be able to touch you...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was thinking the exact same thing, he ran way better times than me too. he DOES however have way more seat time on his R1. he weighs about 150ish not suited and i weigh 175 not suited..about the same height as well..bone stock i shit you not, just a strap in the front. alot probably has to do with my fueling with the PC3 i think its way off..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my best time was as follows

.1531 --reaction(believe me i did better that night)
1.6851--60 foot
-----330 ft
6.423---1/8 ET
113.36--1/8 MPH
8.3028---1000 FT
9.9158----1/4 ET
138.93---MPH

also he MPH'd me everytime this run he trapped 144 and ran a 10.1

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Wow...something isn't right there. You're bike should be much faster...

·
Registered
318 Posts
How much do you weigh? I have seen a 2004 R1 with a 140lb rider, slip ons and strapped trap 147mph before. Things happen - your tune may be off and you may have a blown head gasket or have hurt a piston? Many reasons things could be off...

·
Registered
387 Posts
How much do you weigh? I have seen a 2004 R1 with a 140lb rider, slip ons and strapped trap 147mph before. Things happen - your tune may be off and you may have a blown head gasket or have hurt a piston? Many reasons things could be off...
i dont think his motor is hurt. i think his plugs are fouled out from his tps setting reading 75% at an IDLE. he only got a few runs in after we got the tps setting corrected, and those were his fastest times. i would bet the next time he goes back he will be on par to were he should be.

plus the rider on the r1 has TONS of track experience and that goes a long way!

BTW i ran an 11.0067 @126.14 on my 03 636:thumbsup:

thanks
anthony

·
Registered
318 Posts
i dont think his motor is hurt. i think his plugs are fouled out from his tps setting reading 75% at an IDLE. he only got a few runs in after we got the tps setting corrected, and those were his fastest times. i would bet the next time he goes back he will be on par to were he should be.

plus the rider on the r1 has TONS of track experience and that goes a long way!

BTW i ran an 11.0067 @126.14 on my 03 636:thumbsup:
thanks
anthony
Might be the above listed things. Just check everything over very well.

PS - i have been 11.11 @ 121 on a 2002 Bandit 1200S that only made 104rwhp and weighed 520lbs with a stock wheelbase and me weighing 210lbs suited. I would go 10.80's on that ZX6R...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Bike should run a minimum of 145 mph. I have been 150mph on a stock engine stretched and lowered 10 at 160 lbs. Make sure your getting the throttle wide open as soon as you can. I have found it better to get the clutch out fast and the throttle open quick for best et and mph. I lock the throttle as soon as I leave hope this helps you out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
152 Posts
How is US41 for traction this early in the year, I haven't been up yet this year? My 04 was set up similar to your set up, but I had the cam and gasket done as well. I was trapping at around 145 last season on motor and weighed about 225 before gear, I would think with your weight advantage you should be running low to mid 140's as well.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah as anthony stated, and i forgot to mention, for the longest time my PC tps said i was at about 75% throttle at idle..weird huh?

US41 hooked up really nice actually..there was a time i got a bit squirly but it was only once.

i know i should be ALOT faster than that, so i didnt know what was going on, my 60 foot could use some work. i believe i was releasing the clutch WAY too slowly. also im not 100% sure where my best shift point is just yet, or the best rpm to launch at

·
Registered
387 Posts
Might be the above listed things. Just check everything over very well.

PS - i have been 11.11 @ 121 on a 2002 Bandit 1200S that only made 104rwhp and weighed 520lbs with a stock wheelbase and me weighing 210lbs suited. I would go 10.80's on that ZX6R...:thumbsup:
i had a hell of a time keeping the front down, my 6r has almost everything short of a big bore kit and race cams installed, plus tons into the suspension and brakes, basically your typical privater superstock class bike. i think next time out i am going to install the 15t front back on (has a 14t right now) and lower back down 2" for the track and it should be deep into the 10's by doing that.

anyway, i am used to my shit being the slowest of the pack in a strait line as most all of my friends have liter bikes and busa's but show me the corners and its later liter bikes lol.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anthony...atleast you dont have to worry about doing a burnout before your runs! you will be buying the least amount of tires out of all of us lol

·
Registered
387 Posts
anthony...atleast you dont have to worry about doing a burnout before your runs! you will be buying the least amount of tires out of all of us lol
and less of a mess to clean up afterwords lol.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
my best time was as follows

.1531 --reaction(believe me i did better that night)
1.6851--60 foot
-----330 ft
6.423---1/8 ET
113.36--1/8 MPH
8.3028---1000 FT
9.9158----1/4 ET
138.93---MPH

also he MPH'd me everytime this run he trapped 144 and ran a 10.1

well, now thinking about if your stretched you maybe getting and making all your time on the front half..your buddy's R1 doing 144 is not unusual I have seen a R1 stock on my strip with a light rider do good MPH and ET. My first 10.1s to compare I trapped at 146mph...these days I only trap at 142mph but have better Et's but my bike has many more miles on it(over 20k) and may not be as strong as new :dontknow:

In comparision a good rider that ran a stock/with slip-on stretched 2nd Gen 10R last week for only the second time ran 10.04 @ 140mph, I went next on my SWB bike NOT stretched and did the exact # 10.04 but @ 142mph...like many say it's ET that win races not MPH yeah maybe your gearing is and your riding habit is stopping you for better times as I run -1/+1 and am very close to the rev. limiter you are -2 and should be close if not bouncing off the Rev. limiter. :idea::dontknow:

PS...also have a time slip on this site racing a modded 12R that did 9.5s but my MPH was MUCH higher but still got spanked. :badteeth:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
:thumbsup:
well, now thinking about if your stretched you maybe getting and making all your time on the front half..your buddy's R1 doing 144 is not unusual I have seen a R1 stock on my strip with a light rider do good MPH and ET. My first 10.1s to compare I trapped at 146mph...these days I only trap at 142mph but have better Et's but my bike has many more miles on it(over 20k) and may not be as strong as new :dontknow:

In comparision a good rider that ran a stock/with slip-on stretched 2nd Gen 10R last week for only the second time ran 10.04 @ 140mph, I went next on my SWB bike NOT stretched and did the exact # 10.04 but @ 142mph...like many say it's ET that win races not MPH yeah maybe your gearing is and your riding habit is stopping you for better times as I run -1/+1 and am very close to the rev. limiter you are -2 and should be close if not bouncing off the Rev. limiter.

PS...also have a time slip on this site racing a modded 12R that did 9.5s but my MPH was MUCH higher but still got spanked. :badteeth:
Blue hes not running nearly enough MPH to be close to the rev limiter. I have gone 150 mph with -1 + 2 and not hit the limiter. If you get this bike tuned or even just a pull on the dyno and it make around 155 hp which is about what they make stock this bike with more seat time should easily go 145 mph. if it does it will run 9.50 or better. :thumbsup: keep practicing it will come around as long as the is not a hp issue. Mph in drag racing is a direct comparison to what kind of hp its making. even a bad rider(assuming they are giving the bike full throttle) will get good mph out of a bike. the et on the other hand will get lower with a better rider on the same bike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
on most of my runs if i remember right i ended up in 5th gear topped completely out. on one run however i did get into sixth. my shift light is on for most of my run. im starting to think -2 is more of an 1/8 gear=(to about +6 in the back right?)

he does have alot more seat time than i do, and i was/am having fueling issues, i changed my map and got my TPS dialed in right so i should be on point this time around. i mean i seen vids of people running 10 flat on a STOCK 10r..so i know i gotta be doing something.

plus i was using my clutch as well(rook mistake):dontknow:

·
Registered
318 Posts
GOT: a -2 up front is closer to +5 (edited) in the back. Try a -1 up front and a +1 in rear and may be a bit easier to control..

1 - 20 of 50 Posts