Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first traffic ticket today at age 24. Not even on the bike, was driving the wife and pups back from the river following my buddy that went with us and got caught doing 86 in a 70. We weren't racing just happened to be going down a large hill. Anyways the cop got 3 of us at once and put GRN as the color of all three vehicles, would that hold any bearing if I did dispute it? At least the cop wasn't a dick, I did tell my wife to show him some tit but she declined.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If it is your fist ticket and u have a clean record depending on the judge I would say fight it so the judge will give u a little mercy and only charge you the speed and hopefully no traffic school or points on your dl

·
I'm here WAY too much..
1,998 Posts
postpone the court date twice, and then go to court and plead not guilty.. The cop prob won't even show up.. They can't validate the ticket without the cop..

At least that's how it is in NY.. Make sure you postpone the court date for the maximum allowable amount of time.. If you can postpone 6-9 months, you should be good..

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
postpone the court date twice, and then go to court and plead not guilty.. The cop prob won't even show up.. They can't validate the ticket without the cop..

At least that's how it is in NY.. Make sure you postpone the court date for the maximum allowable amount of time.. If you can postpone 6-9 months, you should be good..

sounds like you have had a few tickets:heyyou::eyecrazy:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts

Best advice so far man, i do it every single time i get a ticket and probably get out of 75% of them believe it or not. and from the leo's i ride with, they tell me that if the ticket was issued during the day and your court date is during the day then you have a good chance of getting off by doing this cause unless the officer wrote alot of tickets that day then he'll be at work and not at court. don't knwo how much truth this holds BUT it's worked for me for quite a few years now. best of luck eitherway and at least you got the ol ticket cherry popped!!!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
582 Posts
just hire an attorney u pay like 40-50 bucks let them take care of the rest and the color doesnt matter.... fyi i was at the same age when i got my first ticket on 4 wheels moved from NYC to TEXAS...then start getting tickets on 2 wheels started piling up and got cursed!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
just hire an attorney u pay like 40-50 bucks let them take care of the rest and the color doesnt matter.... fyi i was at the same age when i got my first ticket on 4 wheels moved from NYC to TEXAS...then start getting tickets on 2 wheels started piling up and got cursed!
seriously? for a speeding ticket? it would cost me a shitload here in TX to get an attorney for a ticket, NOT $40-$50................i guess whatever works though right? i'd still go and plead not guilty, that at least gives you a 50/50 shot and if all the other info on the ticket is correct for your car then i doubt a judge will dismiss it due to the wrong color...:dontknow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts