Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Out of those three i wouldn't touch EBC, Brocks i dont know and stock has obvious benefits, is it just the fibres need replacing? What ever your choice G4 onwards springs are stronger and a good cheap upgrade to a stock bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great advice.
I believe it might just be the springs.bike has 18,000 miles on it now and age .
My guess springs are getting soft .So definitely need to replace those.
I will look up the springs you suggested.

Thanks you.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I put Barnett clutch in my gen 4 recently and am happy with it.
18k seems low for a clutch replacement....i'm at 58k and just did the clutch and this was a dedicated track bike for 3-4 years.

·
Registered
2011 ZX10R
27 Posts
I have run Barnett clutches as well as OEM in my bikes. Good clutches. If you run the Barnett springs and they are to stiff for your liking.....I used to mix/stagger them with stock springs for a lighter pull.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Finding the parts will be the problem....my bike was in the shop for 5 weeks due to back order from Kawi and Barnett....I got so pissed, that I found Barnett clutchs on eBay and told the shop owner to buy the damn thing and get them shipped to the shop. I like the Barnett clutch better than stock....seems to shift better...but a bit grabby launching.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya I'm not surprised they did not look around
Sometimes there just lazy or.want to make 5 dollars on parts.

Ya these springs are what 17 18 years old they loose strength. I believe the clutch is good just lack of bite is what it needs I can tell when I bang threw the gears .I had a brand new one back in the day with less power as well and I cab remember how fast it did bang threw the gears and leap forward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts