Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be able to pick up an 08 10R for cheap.

It would be nice if i could pull the suspension off my 04 and use it on the 08.

I've got Attack triple clamps and Matris 25mm cartridges in 1st gen forks up front.. and an Ohlins 46PRXLS out back right now.

Anyone know if i can put those parts on the 08 without much fuss?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Your best bet would to be call each Attack, Matris, and Ohlins. I think the triples could work with possibly a different stem and bearings. The rear shock might need to be resprung and revalved. As far as the cartridges I believe the 08 forks were a bit longer but I'm not 100% sure.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,541 Posts
I know a guy with a race prepped Gen III who runs a stock Gen I rear shock on it. He swears by it and runs really fast in the CCS races and at Jennings GP with it. Don't know about the ohlins one, but I would expect the shock to work as-is or with very small mods since the OEM shock can be used. Can't comment on the front.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
IF the shock has a remote reservoir, it will swap right in. If it is piggy back it really depends on if it will clear the higher swingarm. The forks should fit the stock tripples (not sure if your tripple will fit) but the forks might be different length.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I spoke with Gilbert at Attack. If i press out the stem that i have now and press in the stem for the 08 10R ($225) they will fit the 3rd gen perfectly. I've done some alterations to the top triple clamp so it will work with the Ohlins top mount damper. I'll have to do some measuring to see if that damper bracket will work on a 3rd gen.

My Ohlins shock does not have the remote preload adjustment. However, another guy i race with had a 3rd gen swingydingy on his 2nd gen 10R. He had to notch the swingarm to fit the 06 Ohlins shock but he ended up going back to the 2nd gen swinger. I might be able to get that swingarm off him then i'd be good to go.

:)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I spoke with Gilbert at Attack. If i press out the stem that i have now and press in the stem for the 08 10R ($225) they will fit the 3rd gen perfectly. I've done some alterations to the top triple clamp so it will work with the Ohlins top mount damper. I'll have to do some measuring to see if that damper bracket will work on a 3rd gen.

My Ohlins shock does not have the remote preload adjustment. However, another guy i race with had a 3rd gen swingydingy on his 2nd gen 10R. He had to notch the swingarm to fit the 06 Ohlins shock but he ended up going back to the 2nd gen swinger. I might be able to get that swingarm off him then i'd be good to go.

:)

That might work, but try the stock arm first. I had a 1st gen Elka on my 3rd gen for a while and it worked perfectly but the schrader valve on the reservoir was dangerously close to the top of the swing arm so I traded it for a penske with remote reservoir to a buddy with a 1st gen. problem solved...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts