Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im in the market for a zx-10 right now and ive narrowed my selection down to two models and i want to know which you guys think is better spec-wise. im thinking second gen right now just because of looks but i know there is a lot of debate over the undertail exaust and weight issues so i want your guys thought on which is better 1st gen or second?

·
can we ride yet!?!?!?
3,522 Posts
get the one YOU want and don't look back.

and if you try searching this topic i'm sure you will find what ever opinions you feel you need to help persuade you. goodluck

·
Registered
835 Posts
OOhhh, they all say the 1st Gen is the Monster....
but I like my fat girl 2nd Gen....
and if you are really a 'rider', Gen 3 is the way to go.....(so I've heard/read)
Good luck on the shopping trip.....
If you ride the streets, they can all put you in jail....
Ride Safe :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OOhhh, they all say the 1st Gen is the Monster....
but I like my fat girl 2nd Gen....
and if you are really a 'rider', Gen 3 is the way to go.....(so I've heard/read)
Good luck on the shopping trip.....
If you ride the streets, they can all put you in jail....
Ride Safe :)
i would love to have a gen 3 but i aint got the cash. im going to try to keep it below 6k

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
^^^Its all on you man...They all say kawasaki and all go fast as shit. I have ridden all three bikes and the first seems powerful, but un controlled, had bad bar shutter...but with a damper it can be fixed. The second gen felt the slowest in the sense of putting power down but by far felt the best in the cockpit...Like a pillow on your a$$ LOL...3rd gen is a mix of both in my mind...But all I will say is the 3rd gen did something right to have them carry it over a year so I don't get why people keep bring up all the bs about it...It did something no other zx10r has done before...But hey its all my opinion...Get what you feel the best on then worry about how it looks after...But if you do get a second gen. please don't buy a two brothers exhaust!!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^Its all on you man...They all say kawasaki and all go fast as shit. I have ridden all three bikes and the first seems powerful, but un controlled, had bad bar shutter...but with a damper it can be fixed. The second gen felt the slowest in the sense of putting power down but by far felt the best in the cockpit...Like a pillow on your a$$ LOL...3rd gen is a mix of both in my mind...But all I will say is the 3rd gen did something right to have them care it over a year so I don't get why people keep bring up all the bs about it...It did something no other zx10r has done before...But hey its all my opinion...Get what you feel the best on then worry about how it looks after...But if you do get a second gen. please don't buy a two brothers exhaust!!!
lol dont worry if i get aftermarket exaust im puttin back some serious coin and buying an akra full. its just a pic

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
1st Gen love

But I wouldn't turn away any gen!

·
Registered
58 Posts
2nd Gen fan here I think it looks better but thats just relative. One thing about the first gen from what I read have tendency eat thier generators not sure what year but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If you get the 2nd gen I recommend the following major improvements:

1) tires throw the oem ones away and get Corsa III or something
2) set your sag
3) change the front calipers to zx14
4) exhaust

These mods will give you a totally diff bike. I have a K7 as well to compare the 10 to and before these mods the K7 was waaaay better now I like them both in some areas the 10 shines and others the K7 .

·
Team Green Baby!
2013 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
1,519 Posts
As others mentioned, go with what you really like. You can't go wrong on either imo. If they let you ride it, it'll make it easier on your decision but that's not always the case. Either way, let us know which you choose and why. GL

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
i havent heard a whole lot about racefit besides the fact that a lot of people like the sound
:+1: Ditchin' the undertail exhaust def. slims down the look of the second gen, and makes me want one!:cool:

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
both are great bikes...

<------- 1st Gen all the way... and the raw Ti is the fastest.... lol

·
I really need to get out of the house
13,309 Posts
both are great bikes...

<------- 1st Gen all the way... and the raw Ti is the fastest.... lol

SEE....they are in denial, we all know the second gen is the best!!!:thumbsup:

:heyyou: once you go black you never go back!!!

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
SEE....they are in denial, we all know the second gen is the best!!!:thumbsup:

:heyyou: once you go black you never go back!!!
:headshake

·
Registered
279 Posts
Second gen in my opinion is way to beefy and the first gen does have a un controlled feeling but like the previous comment said a good damper and skill will help. The first gen will scare the doo doo literally out of ur butt hole, if u want a nice comfortable ride get second gen, but to me the third gen is best all around. I use a megaphone jardine and it's retarded loud with a good power output

1 - 20 of 56 Posts