Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was having some fork sticking issues this year, i'm just trying to figure some stuff out.

The bike would sag about 27mm under the weight of the bike when dropped off the front stand but it would take another 40-50lbs of force on the clip ons to get them to budge after that. I tried all the tricks i know to make sure the front end is straight, loosening and tightening all the clamps, etc, with no success.

I have another set of stock forks and yesterday i swapped them onto the bike. No sticking at all. So im pretty sure the clamps are straight. I also noticed that the free-length of the traxxion forks is about 2" longer than the stock forks. Why would that be?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like you have bent forks. I don't know what you mean by traxxion forks but if u have the AK-20s then the reason is the their 12mm longer than any stock cartridge.

I was having some fork sticking issues this year, i'm just trying to figure some stuff out.

The bike would sag about 27mm under the weight of the bike when dropped off the front stand but it would take another 40-50lbs of force on the clip ons to get them to budge after that. I tried all the tricks i know to make sure the front end is straight, loosening and tightening all the clamps, etc, with no success.

I have another set of stock forks and yesterday i swapped them onto the bike. No sticking at all. So im pretty sure the clamps are straight. I also noticed that the free-length of the traxxion forks is about 2" longer than the stock forks. Why would that be?

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you have bent forks. I don't know what you mean by traxxion forks but if u have the AK-20s then the reason is the their 12mm longer than any stock cartridge.

I've been emailing back and forth with the guys at Traxxion and im going to swap the internals over into the forks that i know work good!

Fingers crossed! LOL

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
I would say call and talk to Dan at Traxxion or just send your forks into them!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dan is who i had been emailing with.

If swapping the internals into the forks that i know are straight doesnt help i will send them to Traxxion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts